Ford Bronco's return

I'd drive this. Stock, I think it looks good. I don't think I'd like it jacked up with bigger tires. I'd leave that for the jeep guys
Capture.PNG

It's projected to have the same turbo 4 banger that's in the Ranger.

You know people will want a Raptor version of this though and I see no reason why Ford wouldn't make one. Can you imagine the Ford owner survey response to the question?

Q: Would you be interested in a Raptor version of the Bronc....
A: @^$#*@ YES!

You know people will want a Raptor version of this though and I see no reason why Ford wouldn't make one. Can you imagine the Ford owner survey response to the question?

Q: Would you be interested in a Raptor version of the Bronc....
A: @^$#*@ YES!

With a supercharged version of that new 7.3l gas engine going in the super duty trucks...because overkill....and the exhaust noise would be amazing.

It also appears that you cannot buy a Ford truck, at least the ranger and the F150, without the "start stop" engine. I don't get it.

EPA gives a 2MPG add for using AutoStop. GM deleted the over ride button, you get to live with it...FOREVER!

Is there concrete proof somewhere that this saves fuel? I feel like if I cranked my sequoia every time I came to a complete stop I'd deplete the world's oil supply by next Wednesday.

It also appears that you cannot buy a Ford truck, at least the ranger and the F150, without the "start stop" engine. I don't get it.

Did a Toyota driver survey not to long ago about the electric assisted engine. There is also a rumor that Toyota is going to make a 30mpg Tundra. You can see where this is going.

^^^^IMO opinion it can't be doing the engine any good, but I doubt it's all that harmful. The engine isn't off long enough for engine oil drain down and a "dry" start being an issue.

As far as the MPG, it's the EPA, you make the call.

I hate the idea of the start/stop function and it should be mandatory that there is a shutoff button. Last thing I need is to be out in the middle of nowhere and have the engine shut off and then won't restart because of a starter failure. I ran into this situation on a trip in Death Valley, with my first Cherokee. Starter was intermittently working (starting to fail) so to prevent a total failure, anywhere we stopped I just left it running. Waited until we got to camp to shut it off. This minimized how many times I needed to start it and allowed me to continue on the trip (this was day one of 4). Got home and replaced the starter and all was well.

Put this start/stop crap on street driven only cars, where a tow truck can come pick it up but leave it off anything designed to go offroad (i.e. all 4WD vehicles).

I hate the idea of the start/stop function and it should be mandatory that there is a shutoff button. Last thing I need is to be out in the middle of nowhere and have the engine shut off and then won't restart because of a starter failure. I ran into this situation on a trip in Death Valley, with my first Cherokee. Starter was intermittently working (starting to fail) so to prevent a total failure, anywhere we stopped I just left it running. Waited until we got to camp to shut it off. This minimized how many times I needed to start it and allowed me to continue on the trip (this was day one of 4). Got home and replaced the starter and all was well.

Put this start/stop crap on street driven only cars, where a tow truck can come pick it up but leave it off anything designed to go offroad (i.e. all 4WD vehicles).

A good friend of mine likes to say "a running vehicle is a happy vehicle"!

Back
Top Bottom