Ford Bronco's return

I love that body style though. Rumor has it that Ford’s sheet metal and paint wasn’t so good then as most rusted out badly.

Yes, it wasn't.

I also like the body style - and considered building a "new" old truck. Too many ideas, not enough time...

And just what are you driving that is also featured in your avatar, Scott... one word answer...

Uh-huh; I though so... thank you.

No further questions for this witness. :cool:

Don't you remember my Ranger with the 5.0L in it?

I was a Ford guy for 20+ years. They still hold a special place in my heart.

But alas, we go forward - and things change. (I think I said something like that in the first post of my build thread...)

But alas, we go forward - and things change. (I think I said something like that in the first post of my build thread...)

I'm with you Scott. 4 Rangers, 4 F150's, 3 Explorers, 2 Mercury's and 1 Ford Edge later and I also have a Toyota parked in the driveway. I'm eagerly awaiting the Bronco...it's scheduled to be released at the same time the Sequoia's title should show up in the mail. We'll see how much I like not having a car payment (for the first time in 22 years) vs how much I want a Bronco. Kind of hoping Ford screws it up for the first year to two so I can try the no payment thing. :D

I would not buy any first year vehicle - too many problems.

Even the first year of 3rd gen Tacomas had their share of problems - yet another reason I bought the 2015.

I would not buy any first year vehicle - too many problems.

Even the first year of 3rd gen Tacomas had their share of problems - yet another reason I bought the 2015.

And why I traded my '16 Tacoma for the Sequoia. Waiting on the Bronco just makes sense as there's sure to be a Raptor variant year 2.

Your honor, I'd like to treat this witness as hostile... :D

You changed the subject.

Of course, the '80s Toyota pickups had really, really small cabs. (I almost bought one in '83). Or is that "cozy" by today's standards? :p
Well, more like a return to the security of the womb, maybe? :D

Not a promising thing to read about the new Bronco...

But here’s the not-so-fun part: The engineer also said that the future Bronco isn’t being designed to be a true blue all-terrain destroyer. Instead, it’s going to be a comfortable, family car peppered with some off-road paraphernalia here and there. While that sounds a touch like a trip down nostalgia lane targeted at the Target shoppers and Applebee's eaters to us, we’ll still wait like puppies at the door for even a drop more intel."

...admittedly it's a leak from an "anonymous engineer", quoted from this article...

https://www.insidehook.com/nation/2..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_1922306

Not a promising thing to read about the new Bronco...

But here’s the not-so-fun part: The engineer also said that the future Bronco isn’t being designed to be a true blue all-terrain destroyer. Instead, it’s going to be a comfortable, family car peppered with some off-road paraphernalia here and there. While that sounds a touch like a trip down nostalgia lane targeted at the Target shoppers and Applebee's eaters to us, we’ll still wait like puppies at the door for even a drop more intel."

...admittedly it's a leak from an "anonymous engineer", quoted from this article...

https://www.insidehook.com/nation/2..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_1922306

If that turns out to be true, they need to name it the Bronco III to keep true to the disappointing Ford lineage.

If that turns out to be true, they need to name it the Bronco III to keep true to the disappointing Ford lineage.

Right?

This will be interesting. Land Rover may consider naming their next gen the Defender II as well to keep pace with an out of touch industry.

o_O

Newly released info gives hope that the Bronco may be worth the wait. Body on frame construction, removable doors and hardtop, 2 or 4 doors, maybe even solid axles.

CA6E4661-61FC-4CCC-A885-235CD9C40C2C.jpeg

https://www.motor1.com/news/315237/four-door-ford-bronco-rumor/

Back
Top Bottom