Ford Bronco's return

I just read this article on Ward's - link.

It seems the Bronco is happening!

This segment is hot right now - Ford would be stupid to not want in. It’s amazing it’s taken them this long to get going on this.

Meanwhile at GM... :tumbleweed

This segment is hot right now - Ford would be stupid to not want in. It’s amazing it’s taken them this long to get going on this.

Meanwhile at GM... :tumbleweed

It's been reported in the last couple of years that GM was going to bring back the Blazer. Of course it was going to be a unibody cross over looking thing designed to take sales away from the Ford Edge and Escape. Be nice if they'd bring it back as an homage to the off road goliath of the K5's. An off road war between Ford and GM would be a win for us all.

Those comparative images concern me... cabin height. That roof line on the 2020 looks really low which will mean poor driver visibility for off-highway conditions, albeit great aerodynamics for those concrete ribbon overlanding adventures to the mall.

Granted, too early to tell for sure but let's also agree to acknowledge that corporate automotive rarely considers what the true community enthusiast desires from their vehicle.

The Ward's article linked above says Ford is coming out with TWO off highway vehicles...the Bronco and something that is smaller.

"Two off-road targeted models follow: “a small SUV purpose-built for getting off the highway,” Farley says, and the long-anticipated return of the Bronco. "

The Ward's article linked above says Ford is coming out with TWO off highway vehicles...the Bronco and something that is smaller.

"Two off-road targeted models follow: “a small SUV purpose-built for getting off the highway,” Farley says, and the long-anticipated return of the Bronco. "

The second vehicle will be a Ford branded mountain bike designed to be carried by the integrated bike rack on the Bronco.

About 15 years ago, Ford had a marketing program, focusing on outdoor wilderness type activities. I can't remember their wording, but there was a reality type TV show tied into it.

They had models of the Excursion, Sport Track and one or two others, decked out this trim. Yakima racks was a sponsor also.

They can get into marketing outside of just their vehicles - just not often enough.

Haters.

Y'all are just jealous... :p

Haha, yep. We had one of those as a mill/parts truck I think it was a'86 F250. The electronic components on them were rubbish so we kept the glove box full of various modules and relays as they crapped out often.

Back
Top Bottom