Flippac handle replacement?

Ryan A

Adventurist
Hi all,

I bought a used Flip-Pac and it doesn't have a handle to open and close it. I have been looking for a creative way to buy or build a new handle and I'm not having much luck.

It looks like the Flippac torsion bar is .750" Diameter where the splines are and there are 22 splines. Any idea how I can buy or make a new handle to open and close the flippac?

Hi all,

I bought a used Flip-Pac and it doesn't have a handle to open and close it. I have been looking for a creative way to buy or build a new handle and I'm not having much luck.

It looks like the Flippac torsion bar is .750" Diameter where the splines are and there are 22 splines. Any idea how I can buy or make a new handle to open and close the flippac?

Last I heard, Sway a Way was making replacement torsion bars. I’d contact them for a line on a replacement handle. Maybe call AT as well, ask for Martyn.

Last I heard, Sway a Way was making replacement torsion bars. I’d contact them for a line on a replacement handle. Maybe call AT as well, ask for Martyn.
Thank you so much. I'll reach out to them and let everyone know what I hear.

A new member named Ryan just joined and he is restoring a flip-pac.

I suspect he has been searching for parts and advice during is project. Per chance he can give you a lead or two.

Best of luck in getting yours back up to speed.

Here is a picture of the Flippac after some exterior work has been done. the old color was a brick red. There were some issues with the fiberglass, so I picked up some resin and some fibers and fixed those issues. After those were repaired I painted the entire outside with truck bed liner. I believe that the truckbed liner added waterproofing, some stiffness, and a texture which helped the look of the uneven fiberglass. Then I used an automotive primer, and white paint and a vinyl mountain scene.

002.JPG

View attachment 40319

Back
Top Bottom