Fire Pits for Camp Tahquitz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

Greetings Everyone with this flashback from many years ago. Fast forward, my son is 11 years old and is now a Boy Scout and was invited to attend a weeklong
camp with a Long Beach Troop at Camp Tahquitz.

Ranger Rick retired a few years ago, but Ranger Joe is awesome. My son and I said hello and I told him that I have been attending the AA MR for many years and he
quickly displayed an AA sticker from his glove box and spoke highly of the AA organization. The Ranger would yell out to my son throughout the week and ask how he
was doing. The answer was always GREAT!

The firepits are still in use and still appreciated. It is nice to see how all of those MR donations are utilized and how it impacts the lives of so many.

This camp is great for allowing young scouts to build on many skills. My son was able to cut down a standing dead tree. It was a proud moment.

Attached are a few photos for your entertainment.

Thank you.
camp 1.jpg
camp 2.jpg
camp 3.jpg
camp 4.jpg

This is great to hear. Ranger Joe has been great to work with. I am still in touch with Ranger Rick, who is healthy and happily retired in Idaho. Hopefully, we will have many years to come with the camp and I look forward to being back there in October.

Update:

Greetings Everyone with this flashback from many years ago. Fast forward, my son is 11 years old and is now a Boy Scout and was invited to attend a weeklong
camp with a Long Beach Troop at Camp Tahquitz.

Ranger Rick retired a few years ago, but Ranger Joe is awesome. My son and I said hello and I told him that I have been attending the AA MR for many years and he
quickly displayed an AA sticker from his glove box and spoke highly of the AA organization. The Ranger would yell out to my son throughout the week and ask how he
was doing. The answer was always GREAT!

The firepits are still in use and still appreciated. It is nice to see how all of those MR donations are utilized and how it impacts the lives of so many.

This camp is great for allowing young scouts to build on many skills. My son was able to cut down a standing dead tree. It was a proud moment.

Attached are a few photos for your entertainment.

Thank you.View attachment 60546View attachment 60547View attachment 60548View attachment 60549
Your kiddo looks having a great time!

Just saw this thread today. I am good for a full tank or two and maybe a regulator.
I know how much Fire means to a Boy Scout!

Do the munchkins need anything this year?
I just spoke to Ranger Joe up at the camp and he confirmed that other than a few minor repairs the fire pits are holding up great. He did mention that many of the groups like to use dutch ovens. As you all know, the fire regulations normally prevent the use of coals, so they are using them on the fire pits. He suggested that if people wanted to donate something they could use 4-6 of the Camp Chef dutch oven domes to go with the pits they have.

https://www.campchef.com/black-dutch-oven-dome/CC-DOCOVERB.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom