Factor 55: ProLink vs. FlatLink

That, and people tend to neglect gear unless it's being used. Galvanic corrosion could be a big problem with those threads.

That thing would be toast after one winter in the Midwest with the way they pour magnesium chloride on the roads.

I highly doubt Warn has not done their due diligence when he comes to strength and materials.

I don’t know. Their Epic line of shackles always made me wonder. The markings are not clear and that is a red flag for me.

All good points, I will email our Warn rep and see what he says to these questions because I am curious

Ask him where it’s made too. My bet is China.

That thing would be toast after one winter in the Midwest with the way they pour magnesium chloride on the roads.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I neglected to take a picture, but last week I had so much build up of road salt and magnesium chloride that you could barely tell that my front bumper is black.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I neglected to take a picture, but last week I had so much build up of road salt and magnesium chloride that you could barely tell that my front bumper is black.

:panic

Welcome to life in the snow belt.

Finally got a response from Warn. Granted I did take awhile to reach out to them due to being busy.

Hi Brett,

Sorry this email slipped through the cracks. Great question on the dissimilar metals. We have thoroughly tested this for strength and durability and have found no issues with this. We were going to put an insert onto the aluminum portion but upon testing, found that it was not necessary.

Finally got a response from Warn. Granted I did take awhile to reach out to them due to being busy.

Hi Brett,

Sorry this email slipped through the cracks. Great question on the dissimilar metals. We have thoroughly tested this for strength and durability and have found no issues with this. We were going to put an insert onto the aluminum portion but upon testing, found that it was not necessary.

Did you ask where it was made?

Back
Top Bottom