F150 overland Build

I wish they made that for the 5ft Tacoma bed... Hint hint...

Here are a couple of more pics. On one you can see the hook on how it attaches on the rear.
ezy4yjuh.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I really like the Decked system, it would be awesome for my line of work.

I cant wait to try this out
6uve2e2u.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

A friend of mine had one of those to power his fridge this weekend and gave it two thumbs up. Looks like a easy way to run a dedicated camp battery.

-Andy

So i was tired of having the wires and a ugly temporary switch hanging from my dash for my 50" light bar..
20140401_185646_zpsbe531af7.jpg

so i decided to mount some of these daystar Rocker switches..
20140401_184938_zps7a54e450.jpg

It didnt come with a template so i decided to make my own out of some thin plexi i had laying around.
20140401_184949_zps90a137c3.jpg

20140401_185532_zpsdf3be711.jpg

I then figured out where i wanted to mount the switches and put some blue tape over it and marked it out. I drilled wholes on each corner and used a utility knife to do the straight cut
20140401_190656_zpse7568c9f.jpg

once the whole was cut i just used a file to widen the whole large enough to fit the switch.
20140401_192140_zps181dd2bf.jpg

20140401_192726_zpsa534a871.jpg

Its definitely a much cleaner look

Last edited:
Nice job. If you are interested in more Carling Rocker Switches or you want to customize your additions with labeled switch covers check out OTRATTW.

Located near San Jose they offer quick shipping (in just a few days to Virginia) and great customer service.

So if you need a 1st gen Tacoma for a decked system test fit, I know a willing truck......

So if you need a 1st gen Tacoma for a decked system test fit, I know a willing truck......

ill let them know. I talked to them last week and the mid size truck versions will be out towards the end of the year. hopefully its sooner.

On a side note i have been trying to figure out how to mount some lights on my roof rack. Im not talking about very bright LED lights but something that is bright enough to use at night at camp but not enough to blind anyone. i thought about just running my rope light that i used on the Camo tent during the DR but i thought it would look cheasy. So i just hit up one of my distributors and bought a underbody LED light kit in white. ill be mounted it to the roof rack via zip ties and should have enough light for what i want.

the kit looks like this: http://www.ledunderbody.com/LED-Light-Kits-for-Trucks-White-Slimline-Truck-Underbody-Kit-1.aspx

if for some reason it looks like crap ill just some of the smaller pieces inside the camper shell.

-Raul

ill let them know. I talked to them last week and the mid size truck versions will be out towards the end of the year. hopefully its sooner.

On a side note i have been trying to figure out how to mount some lights on my roof rack. Im not talking about very bright LED lights but something that is bright enough to use at night at camp but not enough to blind anyone. i thought about just running my rope light that i used on the Camo tent during the DR but i thought it would look cheasy. So i just hit up one of my distributors and bought a underbody LED light kit in white. ill be mounted it to the roof rack via zip ties and should have enough light for what i want.

the kit looks like this: http://www.ledunderbody.com/LED-Light-Kits-for-Trucks-White-Slimline-Truck-Underbody-Kit-1.aspx

if for some reason it looks like crap ill just some of the smaller pieces inside the camper shell.

-Raul

Those should do the trick, I'd think. And I'd bet that they are small enough that you won't really even see them on the rack.

Back
Top Bottom