EXPO East 2016 -Dates and location?

smlobx

Adventurist
Got some things coming up this fall and trying to be able to make the trip this year and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the event....

Thanks guys.
We are going to be visiting friends near Ashville near those dates so should work.

Well here is the announcement!!,

New Venue for Overland Expo 2016 EAST
BSRKSoinAPyIINAVYHXXlwceLXNknBXz2565iI6qRPCUQYJC3Vn3eQWtgVttMj37I_bDZYq8mRpqf5kDvDRwvC1_KyD-klAGsxyBg9zCyT0TR75s-SULqP52WkEbidgAtY0Zu9muYobJIYLsw2NHWueL0ATy-vEYYVoBPd8=s0-d-e1-ft
The Biltmore Estate

Over the past two years we have fallen in love with the lively cultural center of Asheville, North Carolina, and the scenery of the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains. Our original venue there, while lovely, proved to be lacking in several areas—particularly weather resistance when stressed by even a light rainfall, let alone a Category 4 hurricane.

We decided to stay in Asheville but significantly up our game. Thus we are thrilled to announce that Overland Expo 2016 EAST will be hosted on the lush, world-famous grounds of the 8,000-acre Biltmore Estate. We have reserved a private enclave along the French Broad river, with expansive fields for vendors, classes, and on-site camping, and access to the existing superb Land Rover Experience trails for four-wheel-drive and motorcycle training.

As a bonus, attendees will be able to tour the Biltmore House and enjoy adjoining estate facilities such as half a dozen top-quality restaurants, a winery, farm facilities, miles of biking and hiking trails, and choose from add-on activity packages such as clay pigeon shooting, flyfishing, and boating. (And part of our deal includes an all-weather alternate site in case of heavy rain! Biltmore will really be looking after us.)

This is sure to be an Expo unlike any before it. We will be opening registration in June 2016 with an all-new attendance structure.

I read that this morning, great news!

We're heading out that way early as Dani has never really been east of the Rockies. As much as I was looking forward to the Subaru's fuel economy, I almost feel obligated to take the Discovery now.

Beautiful venue. Lots of things to do right on the estate and easy access to all of Asheville.

Last edited:
from this mornings Overland Newsletter:

Let's get the show rolling
j0l1J43jHR0CYuYrYsogrxBXFh1UZ5_VkFheJvC5n6xQtvEDsXxOQiBdufJNQ9fZtJi-xSzAC85yN6ZnoCIc5lW1d5UZeN8s4CxiCxwBLp1xV3Tq2R307yiOlOpYTAbcShDVEPKdKwZPgE6LGBBB64VEtGOZVfeoRKasujA=s0-d-e1-ft
2016 EAST is open for registration
We are pleased to announce a new venue for Overland Expo 2016 EAST: the Biltmore! Just minutes from downtown Asheville, but it's a world away, set in lush, green, forested hills in a beautiful outdoor location, on the banks of the French Broad River. For more details about the location and ways to attend, see OverlandExpo.com/EAST.

Attendees

Overland Experience registration is now open! Get ready for an event packed with expedition skills-building classes, hands-on training with Land Rover instructors, horizon expanding slideshows, and lots more. Those who register first, get first pick at classes (that begins in August).

We will have camping on-site at the Biltmore Estate, for motorcycles and overland vehicles; spaces are limited so don't wait to the last minute to sign up. Please review full details on our FAQ page. NOTE: we do not allow travel trailers (hard-sided, standing headroom) or RVs other than 4WD overland vehicles up to 21 feet.
lqoU4UKLNPTygBJSfTfvU7X-rFeFMmeqpAABIxjHN1i7fF9wBQw5ZmbhPXmdlAHiqodwFJ4HsgwhBy5XOOrzF6bLNF92065zvCbPBI_aTrGjPjVrdvYAEEDXYbO2RNUC5n1vAp1Hwo6jNX6-4FI7H-5wyRZidIMUQ6dw2V0=s0-d-e1-ft
In addition to your Overland Experience package, enjoy the fabulous grounds at the Biltmore. Biltmore admission includes a self-guided visit of the Biltmore House, Gardens, Winery, Farm Village and access to all Estate facilities.

Check out full details on our registration page: www.OverlandExpo.com/Experience.

(Weekend Passes go on sale mid-July.)

I have done the weekend pass/camping thing. The workshops by Land Rover were free and very interesting, the vendor area is very educational but you can only do so many laps.... then I was bored. When classes ended and folks came back to their camp area, it was fun again, lots of new friends, fireside chats, movies or talks at night.... If you can swing it, the classes would add o the experience in my opinion. I have been to the last 2, once as weekend camping and once helping a vendor. I have not attended the event and done classes yet.

Back
Top Bottom