2017 Tacoma Build

What did you cut off and why?

Capture.PNG

Been a little while since I updated this thread..............

Went to Expo West and had a blast, It was great seeing everyone again. Truck worked perfectly and the sleeping platform was very comfortable with the mattress. We had some very windy evenings. My current set-up so far is the best I have had, very happy with how it came together.

After 2 weeks in the sun, (I could not have asked for better weather) I added an awning. It is Rhino Rack sunseeker, so far so good. I also mounted my Maxtraxx before the trip using quickfist clamps, they work great and get them out of the way until needed. Yesterday I received my 20 gallon water tank it fits perfect. I also used the K-9 roof rack table brackets I had laying around to mount my table. I will be testing it out soon. Lastly, but most important.............Safety first, finally mounted m fire extinguisher.

20180511_161437.jpg
20180513_131939_001.jpg
20180514_095547_001.jpg
20180514_134353.jpg
20180515_151730.jpg
20180515_194026.jpg
20180516_063826.jpg
20180520_121143.jpg
20180520_052957.jpg
20180520_142509.jpg
20180520_143325.jpg
20180521_170902.jpg

Last edited:
Mounted up the en suite with the equipt brackets...............on a positive note, no drilling needed brackets line up perfectly with the holes in the quick pitch alu box. However using on the Alucab tracks it sits too low and can' fully open the side door. Also it is fairly heavy for just the top mount brackets, so I am going to go with a roof rack. I have been going back and forth on the subject and just the tracks on the topper leave me with very limited options. I could use load bars, but again would be limited. I am going with a Front Runner slim line II rack and if all goes well getting installed on Saturday at Front Runner...............a huge advantage of my current location.

Here are some pics of how it was mounted. I have already removed it, on the short drive to work it was moving more than I liked and think it would only be worse in the future. As I have learned ............do it right the first time around.

I am impressed with the product, heavy duty material and will work great after I have the mounting all sorted out.

IMG_2086.JPG
IMG_2089.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2097.JPG
IMG_2098.JPG
IMG_2099.JPG
IMG_2102.JPG
IMG_2105.JPG
IMG_2107.JPG

James and Brian took care of me. They were able to make a bracket for the shower work with a little modification, Works perfectly. I love the rack, I had a rhino rack on the jeep and I like the Front Runner better. It seems to be built better and more heavy duty, I am very impressed................. It is louder driving due to the slats running horizontal, but no big deal. I also got the table mount and picked up one of their Pro camp tables.

Only negative...........too tall now to fit in the garage.

IMG_2114.JPG
IMG_2115.JPG
IMG_2116.JPG
IMG_2117.JPG
IMG_2118.JPG
IMG_2120.JPG
IMG_2121.JPG
IMG_2122.JPG
IMG_2123.JPG
IMG_2124.JPG
IMG_2125.JPG

Has the deck plate in the water tank been working? I installed one similarly and it leaks! The oring design is from the outside on mine, seals fine that way.

Sorry, no really understanding the question.............deck plate? I have not used the water tank yet, just got it from here.

https://www.plastic-mart.com/product/475/20-gallon-rv-water-tank-rvb200

Ah, the white plastic hatch is known as a deck plate in the boat world.

I used some where my tire sprays onto a tool box, and it leaks from the backside, putting it the other way around stopped it due to the design and O ring placement in the one I used. I am hoping yours is more water tight! And may want to add one to my water tank at some point, hence why I was curious. So report back when its full and sloshed around :D

Ah, the white plastic hatch is known as a deck plate in the boat world.

I used some where my tire sprays onto a tool box, and it leaks from the backside, putting it the other way around stopped it due to the design and O ring placement in the one I used. I am hoping yours is more water tight! And may want to add one to my water tank at some point, hence why I was curious. So report back when its full and sloshed around :D

Ah, makes sense now. Hopefully it does not leak. I still need to pick up a 1 1/4 plug. I have a portable shower so I can drop the pump in from the top is the main reason for the deck plate...........and much easier to fill.

Any self-respecting Toyota Tacoma owner should be familiar with the "deck-plate mod"! Har-umpg, har-umpf! :tango

I mean, this guy said, i saw on YouTube, that he heard they put it on a dyno and that it makes even more HP than a K&N CAI! For reals! :lol

(accent for authenticity)

Back
Top Bottom