2017 Tacoma Build

First Mod.............Undercover Ridgelander. This should work perfect for the James Baroud RTT.

20170715_133234-jpg.2186833

Nice. We thought about going that route for our short bed truck but since the Maggiolina is 84" long and the bed is only 65" it just wasn't going to work. I wished they made over the cab height racks for that set up.

So Scott what does the TRD come with and what are your plans for this one?

John,

TRD Off-Road has the crawl control and rear locker, as well as Bilstein shocks. I am going to try and go slow........LOL.

-I have gotten a bed cover installed. It is the Undercover Ridgelander. It is a solid product, aluminum top with slots built in for rhino rack, I am going to mount my RTT on it.

https://www.undercoverinfo.com/p-37120-undercover-ridgelander.html#!year=2017||make=TOYOTA||model=TACOMA

20170715_133234-jpg.2186833

-Ordered the Off-Grid Engineering dual battery setup.
https://off-grid-engineering.myshop...products/2nd-3rd-gen-toyota-tacoma-wiring-kit

IMG_3367_grande.JPG

-Ordered CBI sliders w/ kickout
Stock steps look ok, but they are NOT for off-road. Pretty sure they would do more damage than good....

http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/products/3rd-gen-toyota-tacoma/bolt-on-rock-sliders-3rd-gen-tacoma/

T3_Sliders.jpg

-ARB 63 QT fridge, due to height under the cover looking at getting a custom slide made.

More to come I'm sure...................

Nice. We thought about going that route for our short bed truck but since the Maggiolina is 84" long and the bed is only 65" it just wasn't going to work. I wished they made over the cab height racks for that set up.

I think it should work well. I thought about a topper, but it would be sitting even higher on top of that............

Nice gear selection. Double battery kit is sweet and looks reasonable to install.

Thanks, Yes it is nice and easy. The TRD Off Road version has deleted the ABS block and creates a big empty spot for the additional battery. I am surprised how open the engine bay is, there is a ton of room. Everything is not all jammed in there like the jeep taking every inch of space........

I am going to go with the Odyssey PC 1400 group 35 batteries as they recommend. I had good results with the odyssey batteries in the Jeep......

I am having Matt from Off-Grid also wire up a 6 Blade Blue Sea fuse block and a Blue Sea USB/12V to have direct access in the truck bed for the fridge. I am going to locate it into the passenger cubby like this.

5025_grande.jpg

IMAGE_4.jpeg

IMAGE_5.jpeg

Very nice. I wired a blue sea 12v plug in to the very back of Ann's Tacoma, just under the tie down loop. It gave me room to work behind the tail light and allows me to put the fridge back there and pretty much close the tonno cover when we travel with just the truck. Well worth it to have some power back there. I can even get to it with the truck camper in, so gives me a secondary power source if needed.

That’s a very nice setup! That 6 foot bed will make a huge difference in capacity.

Can you stand on the tail gate to enter the tent? Is there a door on the back? I can't see for sure on the pic.

Back
Top Bottom