Expedition Overland Video Series

Jeremy M.

Adventurist
If this is a repost I'm sorry but I could not find it anywhere. I have enjoyed watching the expedition overland video series for years. They self-funded four videos in their LC 100 series and 1st Gen Tacoma, then did a 12 video series on their travels in alaska and the yukon. They are now funded by Toyota USA and the budget has exploded, but the production value is also increasing. Anyways their latest adventure through Central America is complete and the first episode posted to youtube last night.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ExpeditionOverland

I enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to next weeks, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy watching, and occasionally I am inspired. At the same time, I realize that these sorts of trips are beyond what I even want to do. There is no way I want to be away from my wife and kids for 10 weeks. 14 days is probably pushing it.

The other side of shows like this is the budget involved. I would be over the top to have a partner stove and a fridge, let alone receive two vehicles....

I enjoyed all their previous videos as well. I just watched their newest one. It was good and I am also looking forward to the next in the series.

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

Loved when they were driving down the road I spied the American Adventurist Patch on the headliner.

I followed the trip on their blog. I have not seen this episode, waiting for a break in the Tour de France coverage, but it looked like they covered a lot of ground. I would want to go slower, maybe not get as far south and enjoy the trip. I think they did some 12-15 hour drive days. I will say, very few of us understand how more work it is to shoot videos for production while traveling. All those cool trucks off in the distance shots.... somebody had to go back and pick up the cameraman, every cool roadside foreground, camera guy jumps out, trucks go back out of frame, go past, do it again for a cut away, etc. I love the fact that they do it so well for such a small crew. Top Gear had 50 people or so on their trek episodes. Again, looking forward to these....

Loved when they were driving down the road I spied the American Adventurist Patch on the headliner.

That is pretty cool seeing that there :D

[video=youtube;wo0lvpI7CaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo0lvpI7CaA[/video]

Last edited:
Good things happen to good people Dave. AA is definitely going places with your guidance. With the way you have done here I rest assured that the sailors and marines you work with are in good hands.

Good things happen to good people Dave. AA is definitely going places with your guidance. With the way you have done here I rest assured that the sailors and marines you work with are in good hands.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom