El Dorado Fire in San Bernardino National Forest

Jimmie Perkins

Adventurist
Seeing the El Dorado fire has jumped Highway 38 south of Forest Falls (as of 4:30pm PT 9/9). This puts the fire line about 7 miles south, as the crow flies, from Barton Flats (Mountain Rendezvous). This is the fire started by a pyrotechnic for a gender reveal. Here is a map from Gaia GPS. Gaia has a layer for current wildfires, look under Features/Weather Overlays. The map is updated once every morning, so as you can see, this is already outdated because the fire is about 2 miles north of what you see here. Still this is very useful.
DEBCBE19-D75E-4A29-8CBC-81A2DEA94468.png

Thank you for the information.

I was up in Big Bear Lake this past weekend and the smoke was bad. I had to exit the mountain on hwy 330,

Hwy 38 is a nicer way up and down the mountain and it makes me excited about the next Mountain Rendezvous.

Take care fellow American Adventurists!

Update. The map from Gaia is not correct. That is showing an adjacent fire, Apple Fire, which is 95% contained. I followed the source data back to the Incident Information Site for NFS and the correct map is below. El Dorado Fire is at 26% containment but they have evacuated all communities along Highway 38 north of the fire. Obviously no one should be up there though I have seen some posts on SoCal based Facebook groups from people grumbling about freedoms and hunting season. Don’t be that person. Fire crews have enough to deal with.

For more accurate fire info go to InciWeb. It’s a government site gathering data directly from the incident command centers for these various fires. https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7148/

E500995C-CA8D-4F58-9ADC-1201E04C7378.jpeg

Thank you for the information.

I was up in Big Bear Lake this past weekend and the smoke was bad. I had to exit the mountain on hwy 330,

Hwy 38 is a nicer way up and down the mountain and it makes me excited about the next Mountain Rendezvous.

Take care fellow American Adventurists!

Howdy MRV/DRV neighbor! I can’t wait for all of this apocalypse business to subside so we can get back to enjoying some great outdoors here in the West. In Hollywood, we are getting the smoke from the Bobcat Fire in the Angeles National Forest. I woke up to my place smelling like a campfire. The sky is yellow. But we have it okay. I wish I could contribute, but the best thing I can do is stay out of the way of the professionals.

Was hoping to escape the smoke here in the PNW this weekend but looks like we will be flying from one smokey local to another.

Update. The map from Gaia is not correct. That is showing an adjacent fire, Apple Fire, which is 95% contained. I followed the source data back to the Incident Information Site for NFS and the correct map is below. El Dorado Fire is at 26% containment but they have evacuated all communities along Highway 38 north of the fire. Obviously no one should be up there though I have seen some posts on SoCal based Facebook groups from people grumbling about freedoms and hunting season. Don’t be that person. Fire crews have enough to deal with.

For more accurate fire info go to InciWeb. It’s a government site gathering data directly from the incident command centers for these various fires. https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7148/

View attachment 53066
:(

Back
Top Bottom