Edc belt...

They also scream...SHOOT ME FIRST. Just like all the cool tactical backpacks and the likes.
SMH... then flippin' bring it.

Not just your remark Brett but it did just annoy the coitus out of me since I've heard this flippant remark several times before by wannabe's who've never served a day in uniform, let alone in a sketchy overseas posting, and born with a silver spoon up their ass. I have grown weary of the sanctimonious "grey men" pontificating about pants with cargo pockets and being judged by the trousers I wear. If a cargo pocketed trouser worn by a 60 year old overweight bravo delta retiree screams of Sgt Rock and his Howlin' Commandos, then so be it. This is the flippin' US... it's not like we're going for a stroll in Islamabad for a mocha latte.

And I've worn the LAPG $19.99 SMF tactical pants daily for work in the off-road fabrication/restoration shop for years because they are cheap to replace should I ruin them (haven't), and they have the pockets to conveniently carry the tools I use most frequently at work; the TAD's are worn for when I really want to attract the attention of terrorists, the criminal element, and grey men. :rolleyes:

They also scream...SHOOT ME FIRST. Just like all the cool tactical backpacks and the likes.
If that's what I'm screaming based on my pant choice, then it is what it is. I don't wear them to be "tacticool". I wear them because they have a lot of pockets, they are light weight and comfortable. If I get shot because of it, so be it. Musta been my time to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If that's what I'm screaming based on my pant choice, then it is what it is. I don't wear them to be "tacticool". I wear them because they have a lot of pockets, they are light weight and comfortable. If I get shot because of it, so be it. Musta been my time to go.

No one will ever convince me 5.11s are comfortable compared to jeans. Or cotton cargo pants as tango mentioned. No breathing hot weird cut pants I'm forced to wear when working uniform duty. Give me covert over overt any day.

SMH... then flippin' bring it.

Not just your remark Brett but it did just annoy the coitus out of me since I've heard this flippant remark several times before by wannabe's who've never served a day in uniform, let alone in a sketchy overseas posting, and born with a silver spoon up their ass. I have grown weary of the sanctimonious "grey men" pontificating about pants with cargo pockets and being judged by the trousers I wear. If a cargo pocketed trouser worn by a 60 year old overweight bravo delta retiree screams of Sgt Rock and his Howlin' Commandos, then so be it. This is the flippin' US... it's not like we're going for a stroll in Islamabad for a mocha latte.

And I've worn the LAPG $19.99 SMF tactical pants daily for work in the off-road fabrication/restoration shop for years because they are cheap to replace should I ruin them (haven't), and they have the pockets to conveniently carry the tools I use most frequently at work; the TAD's are worn for when I really want to attract the attention of terrorists, the criminal element, and grey men. :rolleyes:
I didn't say cargo pants. I said uniform pants. Also I own lots of lapg pants and 5.11s. Wearing them for work is no problemo senior. It's the guys who wear them for stepping out on the town.

We teach firearms etc and our students are always shocked when we show up to teach an daily carry or EDC class in jeans and a t shirt. Even more shocked to find we are carrying and not printing.

Point being your description of you didn't fit my description above.

No one will ever convince me 5.11s are comfortable compared to jeans. Or cotton cargo pants as tango mentioned. No breathing hot weird cut pants I'm forced to wear when working uniform duty. Give me covert over overt any day.

I didn't say cargo pants. I said uniform pants. Also I own lots of lapg pants and 5.11s. Wearing them for work is no problemo senior. It's the guys who wear them for stepping out on the town.

We teach firearms etc and our students are always shocked when we show up to teach an daily carry or EDC class in jeans and a t shirt. Even more shocked to find we are carrying and not printing.

I too where the LA police gear pants every day for work. I find them far more comfortable than jeans. In fact I prob own 2 pairs of jeans and at least 10 lapg cargos. I despise jeans.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

See I guess we are just different. I can't stand jeans and I think they are to heavy and bulky especially when carrying. Given a choice between the two types of pants I'll take something like the lapg every time. I despise jeans. They are way uncomfortable for me. Everyone is different I guess.

See I guess we are just different. I can't stand jeans and I think they are to heavy and bulky especially when carrying. Given a choice between the two types of pants I'll take something like the lapg every time. I despise jeans. They are way uncomfortable for me. Everyone is different I guess.

Gotta get the comfy stretchy jeans from
Costco. :band

I personally rock surplus military pants for all the reasons listed above, comfortable, lots of pockets, durable and can be had for $10 a pair. I'm going to need to look into these LA Police Gear pants though...too much of my pant wardrobe is camo at the moment. It'd be nice to mix in some solid colors to match my wife's purse when I have to hold it at the mall.

Did someone say Taciticool Skinny Jeans? This thread is headed south quickly...

Fashion-Brand-Designer-Boots-Cut-Skinny-font-b-Jeans-b-font-Men-Fashion-font-b-Cargo.jpg

I'm sorry, I just don't understand how any self respecting man can wear skinny jeans? I mean, look at those things. I have "equipment" that won't even fit in them.

Did someone say Taciticool Skinny Jeans? This thread is headed south quickly...

Fashion-Brand-Designer-Boots-Cut-Skinny-font-b-Jeans-b-font-Men-Fashion-font-b-Cargo.jpg

I'm sorry, I just don't understand how any self respecting man can wear skinny jeans? I mean, look at those things. I have "equipment" that won't even fit in them.[/QUOTE

My own damn jeans don't fit me anymore how am I going to get into "Skinny jeans"???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol at this thread. :p

I came in thinking I'd see people discussing BIFL leather belts, maybe recommend the simple, Carhartt I got on Amazon.

The Bat Belt was a complete surprise. All that kit reminds me of what came in those $19.99 Rambo knives advertised in the backs of magazines back in the day. Fishing hooks, line, whistles, matches, even a compass!

And they were useless in a world where a quarter for the pay phone was really all you needed, ya know?

On the pants front, though. Duluth all day long. Unconditional lifetime guarantee? Yes please. So comfy. Especially with a simple leather belt.

...maybe recommend the simple, Carhartt I got on Amazon...

I have a Carhartt belt that's 15 years old and still going strong. My only complaint is that it seems to have shrunk over the years and I've had to add some additional holes to it? Maybe it's just me... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom