Easy peazy camp cooking with a Can Cooker

73IHC

Adventurist
I really wanted to make complete posting with pictures and everything but got too busy at King of the Hammers this weekend.
A little back story first. A few years ago on a Yellowstone trip we met an older couple who showed us how to cook omelettes in a zip lock bag. Basically you prep them at home, put ina zip lock. At camp you take the zip lock bag out and place in a pot with boiling water. It really made it easy to not only cook but less clean up at camp as well.
Now my wife and I have taken it a step further. Now granted we have discussed how safe it can be to eat our food after boiling in a plastic bag but the again we already use them for freezing and we do buy some prepped meals that are actually microwaved in plastic as well.
So this past trip, I prepped some meals at home, all where cooked and ready too eat. At camp I put about 3 water bottles in my Can Cooker, and just boiled away for around 5 minutes, and let it sit for another 3 to 4 minutes. Now I don't like my food too hot so it was perfect for my tastes. So in about 10 minutes, I was having a plate of slow cooked steak birria ( wife cooks it for 8 hours in a slow cooker) and frijoles charros ( also a slow cooked meal with beans, bacon and some meats). I was also able to share with my friend and had plenty left overs.

This is the link to the Can Cooker. http://www.cancooker.com/

Now I know most of us keep a stocked freezer so this weekend if I get to head out of town again, I plan to take some of my smoked ribs or meat loaf out to my camp as well...

I want to check out that cooker. Just fyi you can boil-bags with any vacuum sealer bags or get a set of silicone reusable bags. Both come BPA free and FDA approved.

I really wanted to make complete posting with pictures and everything but got too busy at King of the Hammers this weekend.
A little back story first. A few years ago on a Yellowstone trip we met an older couple who showed us how to cook omelettes in a zip lock bag. Basically you prep them at home, put ina zip lock. At camp you take the zip lock bag out and place in a pot with boiling water. It really made it easy to not only cook but less clean up at camp as well.
Now my wife and I have taken it a step further. Now granted we have discussed how safe it can be to eat our food after boiling in a plastic bag but the again we already use them for freezing and we do buy some prepped meals that are actually microwaved in plastic as well.
So this past trip, I prepped some meals at home, all where cooked and ready too eat. At camp I put about 3 water bottles in my Can Cooker, and just boiled away for around 5 minutes, and let it sit for another 3 to 4 minutes. Now I don't like my food too hot so it was perfect for my tastes. So in about 10 minutes, I was having a plate of slow cooked steak birria ( wife cooks it for 8 hours in a slow cooker) and frijoles charros ( also a slow cooked meal with beans, bacon and some meats). I was also able to share with my friend and had plenty left overs.

This is the link to the Can Cooker. http://www.cancooker.com/

Now I know most of us keep a stocked freezer so this weekend if I get to head out of town again, I plan to take some of my smoked ribs or meat loaf out to my camp as well...

Here’s some photos:

31FCFD8A-99FE-4183-8C31-BD16D8F7BD29.jpeg

F4C38AD8-57AF-4D1A-A55E-5D9EF194D9EF.jpeg

D0DD3200-AE87-4849-815C-07303F2F8DB0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom