Eastbound and Down

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
One fine summer day the wife came home and dropped an ultimatum on me – take some time off for the family or else.
Never one to be threatened by a good time I obediently put in for some time off and set to work planning a family road trip. Kind of. The truth is that I hate detailed planning of my time off, I’m much happier setting off in the general direction of my objective and finding random spontaneity along the way.
Luckily, we both agreed on the end point being a visit to see family over the 4th of July in New Jersey with the rest of the trip being up to me so with ten days to burn we loaded up the Torque Wagon on a Thursday afternoon and set out from the Midwest for the East Coast.
Leaving northern Illinois, the realities of the super slab quickly set in as we faced the debacle that is Chicago traffic head on. Moving south into Indiana we were hit with thundershowers and lightning as we made a bee-line for Ohio and our first night’s rest at Maumee Bay State Park. Arriving...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat. While I truly appreciate the wide open spaces to be found out yonder across the Plains, there is much to be seen and appreciated on this coast as well.
Wifey and I really were fascinated by the towers on Cape Henlopen.

Neat. While I truly appreciate the wide open spaces to be found out yonder across the Plains, there is much to be seen and appreciated on this coast as well.
Wifey and I really were fascinated by the towers on Cape Henlopen.

There is so much history on the east coast I could lose myself for a solid year just touring landmarks and historical places. It really is fun getting to see them, especially when you stumble upon it the way we did Fort Miles.

Nice write up David. Safe travels, rubber side down. If you ever go over enjoy the view while upside down. It is not seen to often. Be safe and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom