DirtRoadTrip's Top Ten Overlanding Tips

Looks like a Rebel uniform from the ice planet Hoth in Star Wars. They did use mostly WW1 & WW2 weapons. Nice Broomhandle!

- - - Updated - - -

Too many pockets and you'll get Pocketitis and never be able to find anything...

Too many pockets? No such thing if you are a serious overlander. One must be prepared to be dropped onto the planet of Hoth at any given time... With a roof top tent.
#SuperSeriousOverlander
#ThatRockBehindCostco

Too many pockets? No such thing if you are a serious overlander. One must be prepared to be dropped onto the planet of Hoth at any given time... With a roof top tent.
#SuperSeriousOverlander
#ThatRockBehindCostco
You will certainly need all of those pockets to store the extra snow in...

I have heard rumors that unless you have at least 8 pockets, you aren't really serious about overland travel.

I have also heard that only black, brown, green, tan, or tactical (the color) garments make the approved list.

Fixed it for you.

You're automatically Overland Certified if you have pockets in your pockets. Truth.

I guess it's time for DirtRoadTrip's latest challenge, how many pockets can you fit onto a single piece of clothing....

A few things are missing. First, it's not overlanding if you don't own a shemagh. I mean, come on! If you don't have the staple clothing of jihadists around the world, you're not really an overlander. You also can't "overland" without a $500 knife or equivalent-priced boots.

Other than that, fine job DirtRoadTrip! ;)

A few things are missing. First, it's not overlanding if you don't own a shemagh. I mean, come on! If you don't have the staple clothing of jihadists around the world, you're not really an overlander. You also can't "overland" without a $500 knife or equivalent-priced boots.

Other than that, fine job DirtRoadTrip! ;)
I was just eyeing the shemagh that I won last year at Overland Expo in the raffle from Triple Aught Designs.

...stuffed into it's own built in stuff sack.

You're automatically Overland Certified if you have pockets in your pockets. Truth.[/QUOTE]

When did a scarf become something that sounds like what I hacked up in the morning when I was a smoker?

I'm apparently doing 8 out of 10 tips completely wrong. I really need to re-evaluate my overlander status in life haha

Fixed it for you.

You're automatically Overland Certified if you have pockets in your pockets. Truth.
Due to the possibility of offending someone somewhere by calling a garment, bag, etc. "black," it has been decided that the color formerly known as black will now be called "tactical" and can be used in normal conversation to describe the object's color.

Didn't you get the memo? :tango

Those snow peak cups are $50! Out of control for a cup!

I sort of get it for ultralight backpackers, but for over landing where shaving ounces isn't a big deal? I just don't get it.

Those snow peak cups are $50! Out of control for a cup!

I sort of get it for ultralight backpackers, but for over landing where shaving ounces isn't a big deal? I just don't get it.
All snowpeak items are expensive , but they are top quality. In this case, you do get what you pay for. That being said, I don't own any snowpeak gear, because it's not in the budget, but I am looking at buying their titanium spork for $8 haha..

There are some members...oops I meant Snow Peak addicts here, but we won't mention any names..seriously I've seen some really high prices on some of their gear but is is quality stuff. I managed to score a SP 300 Titanium cup in a used MSR cook set for $30. The cups alone are like $40 but, it is my go to measuring cup for cooking on the road. Me likes it, but will I spend the flow on a Saki set? Probably not. Unless I can find other uses for it.

#SuperSeriousOverlander
#ThatRockBehindCostco

RTT beats sleeping inside the guts of a dead Taun-Taun....?

- - - Updated - - -

There are some members...oops I meant Snow Peak addicts here, but we won't mention any names..seriously I've seen some really high prices on some of their gear but is is quality stuff. I managed to score a SP 300 Titanium cup in a used MSR cook set for $30. The cups alone are like $40 but, it is my go to measuring cup for cooking on the road. Me likes it, but will I spend the flow on a Saki set? Probably not. Unless I can find other uses for it.

Buying used is the key! ;) 90% of my SP swag is second hand....

Back
Top Bottom