Direct deposit Fishing

100acre

Adventurist
Its a great thing to have states seed all of their remote lakes with fish so folks can travel, explore and fish in such harder to reach areas. It makes for adventures...

In California's Sierra Nevada, the state is using electrical shock to kill all the fish in at least 10% of the high country lakes.

Why is that? Did the fish not pay their taxes; are they Republican; possess high capacity magazines?

They are creating habitat for the "endangered" Yellow Legged Frog which in my opinion are being loved to death. There is a stream crossing at the outflow from Coyote Flats at about 9500 feet in the Sierras. We always stopped there because there were hundreds of these frogs all over the place. The state came in and built a wooden bridge over the stream crossing to protect the frogs and ever since then I have been unable to find a single frog in that area. The damage that California is doing to the environment and it's people in the name of protecting wildlife is mind boggling.

The electro-shock program is being done without any input from local outfitters and packers who's income is dependent on great fishing in nearby lakes.

That's shocking! Does the electrocution not affect the frogs as well?

Last edited:
The Georgia DNR has trucks filled with trout. To stock the mountain creeks, and rivers, they will drive the trucks down FS roads parallel to the creek, take big nets - like you would use for cleaning a swimming pool - and fling the fish through the air into the water. It is super funny to watch.

I found this video of it, but it's way better when they're a little further away and have to launch the fish.

A buddy works for one of these fisheries and he suggested letting a couple weeks pass after a stocking. He says the fish food they use makes them taste nasty and it takes about two weeks for them to taste better.

Back
Top Bottom