Desert Rendezvous 2017

chickadee

Adventurist
I was just wondering if you have dates for Desert Rendezvous 2017. Any information would be appreciated. I love attending your events!

LeeWhay (Chickadee)

Dates for all of next year's Rendezvous should be announced soon.

Hint: Mid February

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back in October a little birdie posted this to Facebook. Wife has to put in her time off request at work in the next week or so. Hope this is verified soon.

image.jpg

Damn, I am already in the poop house from 2016 from wife and missing her event. Now this is on same weekend as her event again!!

^^^^Don't confuse the KoH dates with Rendezvous dates, unless Rendezvous dates are posted somewhere else they haven't been announced yet.

Sorry, didn't see the dates posted in Gallowbraid's post. Looks like I'm going to miss my first west coast Rendezvous.:mad:

I'll be signing up immediately once registration is up.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Have fun. KoH isn't my bag amigo.

I get it, 30,000 people on the lake bed isn't typically my thing either.

We've been friends with Jeff Knoll and Dave Cole (HMFIC) since before they came up with the concept. Machelle and I have been going since the beginning, she was the medical director for the first couple of years when it was still just a couple hundred rock crawlers and their families. Dust Junkies Racing is essentially a race team for hire for the event. I've pretty much out grown (aged?) the adrenaline junkie part of rock crawling, supporting the guys that still need it is my role in life now.

I will say that it's been an interesting ride with both KoH and the Rendezvous events. It's been fun seeing them mature over the years from the beginning. I've seen both go from an idea to something that folks plan vacations around!

For you folks that have never been to a Rendezvous event, they are possibly the most family friendly events you'll ever attend. It's better than an adventure travel show as far as what you'll see as far as vehicles and camping gear are concerned. I'm bummed that we're not going to make it to this one (still a chance that we could crash the party Saturday night on our way home, depending on location).

I get it, 30,000 people on the lake bed isn't typically my thing either.

We've been friends with Jeff Knoll and Dave Cole (HMFIC) since before they came up with the concept. Machelle and I have been going since the beginning, she was the medical director for the first couple of years when it was still just a couple hundred rock crawlers and their families. Dust Junkies Racing is essentially a race team for hire for the event. I've pretty much out grown (aged?) the adrenaline junkie part of rock crawling, supporting the guys that still need it is my role in life now.

I will say that it's been an interesting ride with both KoH and the Rendezvous events. It's been fun seeing them mature over the years from the beginning. I've seen both go from an idea to something that folks plan vacations around!

For you folks that have never been to a Rendezvous event, they are possibly the most family friendly events you'll ever attend. It's better than an adventure travel show as far as what you'll see as far as vehicles and camping gear are concerned. I'm bummed that we're not going to make it to this one (still a chance that we could crash the party Saturday night on our way home, depending on location).
I thought racing ended Friday, you could sneak out and be there Sat morning

I got the time off.. Now I wait and see when registration goes up... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting....

I thought racing ended Friday, you could sneak out and be there Sat morning

It would be Saturday morning at the earliest before I would leave Johnson Valley, this would be a GREAT year for the event to be off of I-10/Red Cloud exit or whatever it is.

Any little birdie's out there that can whisper a secret to the general event location?:cool:

I got the time off.. Now I wait and see when registration goes up... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting....

Yeah but will you actually go or will you flake at the last minute?

:stir

;)

Back
Top Bottom