Deoxit

Just wanted to say something good here about a product called Deoxit. It's an electrical connection cleaner that an electrical wizard I know raves about.

I had a remote temperature sender that stopped working. I put new AA batteries in it, still nothing. The battery contacts were shiny and bright, but just for the hell of it, I sprayed them down with Deoxit and re-installed the batteries. Like magic, the sender started working again. I'm a believer!

Amazon sells it, though I'm sure there are other places, too.

Often times taking a pencil eraser to battery contacts and circuit board connectors and then wiping them clean with a soft cloth will correct issues. I'll have to check this stuff out as well.

Often times taking a pencil eraser to battery contacts and circuit board connectors and then wiping them clean with a soft cloth will correct issues. I'll have to check this stuff out as well.

I clean the terminals/circuit board for the push buttons on vehicle remote transmitters using the eraser method, cleans them like a champ!

Deoxit can reach into places that a pencil eraser can't. Like, f'rinstance, multi-pin plugs like you'd find in engine computer connections and other wiring harness hook ups.

Yup, DeoxIT is good stuff. Their FaderF5 works great on noisy volume knobs that are noisy (scratchy) when you slide/turn them, relubricating the surface to prolong life of potentiometers. I used to use it a lot on flight sim controllers before everyone started using Hall Effect sensors, eliminating the need.

As a dad rocker who hasn't given up the dream, I use it on vintage amps and guitars all the time when their pots (knobs) get scratchy. Good stuff.
Wonder if you can change your potentiometers to hall effect sensors. Pots have a lifespan of 25,000-75,000 swipes, Hall Effect Sensors over 15,000,000 and even then only because the bearings give. They're a contactless magnetic potentiometer, nothing to wear out, and noise/spike free.

Back
Top Bottom