Death Valley Flood

Hopefully folks will be smart about not tearing up the soft stuff. I'm all for visiting to see a rare event, but abusing wetted roads is a way to get areas closed.

Quoted from the article...

It took me a lot longer to hike to the edge of the lake than I had originally estimated, as again, things are often far larger and distances greater than they at first appear in Death Valley due to the vast expanses and scales we are not normally used to. Even a lake spanning ten miles can appear rather small and close. But try hiking to its edge and you will find it to be far away and vast.
/quote

That is one of the best statements I've seen regarding Death Valley. I have friends back east that don't understand the "vehicular travel" idea (although driving a vehicle to a trail head to go hiking makes perfect sense). They have told me several times that they want to come out here and "hike" Death Valley. I keep asking them just exactly where they plan on "hiking" to and from out there.

That is one of the best statements I've seen regarding Death Valley. I have friends back east that don't understand the "vehicular travel" idea (although driving a vehicle to a trail head to go hiking makes perfect sense). They have told me several times that they want to come out here and "hike" Death Valley. I keep asking them just exactly where they plan on "hiking" to and from out there.

Exactly. The sheer size and scope, the tyranny of time and distance, all of it boggles the mind.

I’d really love to get someone like @Haggis out there that loves what we do, but hadn’t seen it.

Guaranteed mind blown.

Back
Top Bottom