I do plan on taking it into Mexico, but my goal is not very far south of the border. My range on 41 gallons+ is over 500 miles so I don't plan on fueling down there in Baja.

First off, awesome build! It's great to see more of these diesel 3/4 ton's being built into overland rigs. Too many people overbuilding, overloading their midsized Toyota and Jeep gasoline 4x4's who would be better off going with a diesel pickup IMHO.

In regards to your rig:
- How were you doing for mpg before and after all the mods? I'd heard the 6.7L Cummins, stock, could get as high as 22-23mpg highway, but wasn't sure if that was accurate.
- How do you have 41 gallons of fuel? Stock shortbed Ram only comes with 31. Did you add an auxiliary tank?
- Have the emissions been reliable? The biggest complaint I hear about modern diesels is that their complex emissions have problems. I'm not sure how much of that is accurate and how much of that is just the internet experts making a mountain out of a mole-hill. I'd heard that the earlier trucks (2007-2010) had lots of issues whereas the newer trucks have fixed a lot of the problems. What's your opinion?

The ULSD issue in 3rd world countries is a bit of a bummer, but it sounds like gradually they will all get on the ULSD bandwagon and that it shouldn't be an issue in the long run.

If that's the case you might want to take a look at this; I've done Fluid Film... this beats it for durability.

$_35.JPG

Looked on Amazon and no luck. So with weather turning cold here and some nice dry weather I went over the suspension etc with some more Fluid Film. I’m at about 3.5 total cans applied now so we’ll see how that does this winter. I feel pretty confident that I’ve done all I can do to protect the truck after all this attention underneath. I really went to town on it!

3A291C28-D1E6-4EC7-BE9B-F246FC668936.jpeg

Dave,

Do you know by chance if the Aux switch panel from ram factory is capable running Arb lockers and compressors? Also is it similar to a S Pod in the way that it wires directly to the Ram fuse box from the component either compressor/locker/lights and install the correct fuse on the fuse box?

I am just want to make sure I don't have to take apart the dash every time I add an electrical component to the Aux switch panel and thats what I like about the S pod since its only one wire through the fire wire to the control screen or panel.

Dave,

Do you know by chance if the Aux switch panel from ram factory is capable running Arb lockers and compressors? Also is it similar to a S Pod in the way that it wires directly to the Ram fuse box from the component either compressor/locker/lights and install the correct fuse on the fuse box?

I am just want to make sure I don't have to take apart the dash every time I add an electrical component to the Aux switch panel and thats what I like about the S pod since its only one wire through the fire wire to the control screen or panel.

I can't really say, mine does not have the "upfitter" switches I think you're referring to.

The sPod on the other hand is stupid simple to add accessories to. I highly recommend it.

Looked on Amazon and no luck. So with weather turning cold here and some nice dry weather I went over the suspension etc with some more Fluid Film. I’m at about 3.5 total cans applied now so we’ll see how that does this winter. I feel pretty confident that I’ve done all I can do to protect the truck after all this attention underneath. I really went to town on it!

I need to do that myself here real soon now that we are hanging out in Boise. They don't use salt around here luckily enough. But still... Snow.

Didn't you upgrade your 8.4 Uconnect to 8.4 Uconnect with NAV at the dealership and if so how much did it run you.

I did not. I forget the price, but it was a pretty penny to “unlock” the nav.

Meanwhile, my smartphone has amazing apps like Gaia and it’s native navigation features that all do the job well.

Without going back through all 49 pages. How did you wire the house batteries into the existing charge system. Dodge has the weird batteries charge based off the drivers side battery temp. I want to add a separate house battery in my bed but don't want to run it off the Trailer charger like I keep seeing as the recommendation.
Right now I have a 4ga cable coming from the drivers side positive to the bed. I power the fridge and the compressor off that. My starter batteries are less than happy with this arrangement. They are old and need replaced so I thought I would take it up a notch.

Without going back through all 49 pages. How did you wire the house batteries into the existing charge system. Dodge has the weird batteries charge based off the drivers side battery temp. I want to add a separate house battery in my bed but don't want to run it off the Trailer charger like I keep seeing as the recommendation.
Right now I have a 4ga cable coming from the drivers side positive to the bed. I power the fridge and the compressor off that. My starter batteries are less than happy with this arrangement. They are old and need replaced so I thought I would take it up a notch.

This setup is pretty straightforward. House batteries are wired to alternator via a 10 ga wire and into a camper based Surepower controller as well as charging via the rooftop solar, or the optional shore power connection.

You're missing out on the bun heaters though.
Doesn't get cold here very often, but when it does my truck greets me with a pre-warmed seat and steering wheel.

You're missing out on the bun heaters though.
Doesn't get cold here very often, but when it does my truck greets me with a pre-warmed seat and steering wheel.

Actually, it has OEM heated seats and steering wheel. Comes on when I remote start it when outside temps are 32 or less. Like magic ;)

:campfire

Dave, I recall I saw you had a Trasharoo hangin off the MaxxTraxx on the back of the camper. Any issues with it and contents banging up the back of the camper skin from bouncing around?

Dave, I recall I saw you had a Trasharoo hangin off the MaxxTraxx on the back of the camper. Any issues with it and contents banging up the back of the camper skin from bouncing around?

No issues because I only hang that on there in camp.

Back
Top Bottom