Dave's Jeep JL Rubicon: The Gray Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang this is legit, Dave. My skills have a long ways to go in the technology department. Very nice work.

Thanks. Hardest part of this project was sourcing the parts. We’ll see how it holds up, but this is far better than the light strip I had on the rear of my FlipPac. Lessons learned applied here :)

I wish someone else made a skinny fridge like the Engel. I've got vertical space, but vehicle width is always scarce. @DometicOutdoors, ARB, IndelB, Snowmaster, and all the other brands always have low and wide fridges.

Compactness was one of my main considerations along with efficiency. I looked hard at Dometic as well as ARB, Nat’l Luna and Snowmaster. Nothing else would have worked.

And the Engel is the ONLY fridge sized correctly for the Goose Gear kitchen.

A few pics of the completed Goose Gear kitchen

2B6872CF-B019-49ED-AF5C-C34DC4158A55.jpeg

BCC0DD2A-B02A-49A6-9CA4-EC6F2C522FAB.jpeg

A32F69EE-89CA-4FA0-9590-D04B303D0FF8.jpeg

Thank goodness.. that was bothering the hell out of me too..... but yeah, nice work!

Brother, I gotta tell ya. I flipped it on because I thought I saw a deer on the driver side one night. Lit up both sides of the road - yep, saw the doe... and the car parked on the other side of the road in the dark and some drunk dude with no drawers on next to it punching the clown...

... what has been seen cannot be unseen.

Yep. Left and right ditch light switches. Check.

:rofl

Brother, I gotta tell ya. I flipped it on because I thought I saw a deer on the driver side one night. Lit up both sides of the road - yep, saw the doe... and the car parked on the other side of the road in the dark and some drunk dude with no drawers on next to it punching the clown...

... what has been seen cannot be unseen.

Yep. Left and right ditch light switches. Check.

:rofl
Now that’s a valid reason for individually switched ditch lights. :eek:

Sounds good. I keep thinking about switching individual side lights too but am out of switch blank space. Would need a 3 position swich, drill the dash for new positions, or maybe just bite the bullet and add a new switch panel location. Thinking about something like this on the headliner.
8b65335bc68101d801911bfc684bf21c.jpg

Dave, what’s your feedback on the Hotheads? I’m interested in adding these to my hard top. I rode in a Mopar liner equipped rubicon and it was a world of difference from mine. Thanks

I like them. Makes a difference in my opinion and was an easy install. Looks good too. Make sure you do the Sound Assassin strips as well (sound deadening), they help lessen road noise and the sound from hard rainfall etc on the fiberglass top.

Still one of my favorite mods and what I consider to be the best of breed when it comes to JK or JL tailgate tables, the Trailgater from Outback Adventure Products comes standard with the bamboo cutting board.

I'm about to change that to the HDPE Sanalite cutting board. I'll post back here with my comparison of the two.

trailgater-open-features.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom