Dave's Four Wheel Camper Flatbed Project: Zephyrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Truma Combi 4 unit looks really good. I can tell you the ATWood furnace I have is a power suck. Really impressed it's both a furnace and water tank. European caravans always seem to have cool innovations, despite the smaller market.

I can say these Trauma Combi's are very cool units. The Ford Transit based campervan I used in New Zealand was equipped with one. Very quick to heat on propane, a bit slower on electric. Worked well heating the space and could produce boiling hot water if asked to.

Loving the setup. Any reasons for not going with the batwing awning?

Not an option on their site that I saw. And as high up as the awning is on this I think that would be a PITA to deal with.

Yea, what's with all the unused space up front? Guessing there is storage bins still not added to the tray...

Fiberthane storage boxes are in production and will be added under the flat bed.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Not an option on their site that I saw. And as high up as the awning is on this I think that would be a PITA to deal with.
I agree it would be too high to be practical. I also think the batwing legs would be too short. On the similarly built AT Dodge the awning case is 8'10" above the ground. The Fiamma F45 2.6 that the camper is equipped with is very easy to use with the provided extended hand crank and is an excellent shade/rain solution for the entrance side of the camper.

Flatbed Awning.jpg

Last edited:
I agree it would be too high to be practical I also think the batwing legs would be too short. The Fiamma F45 2.6 that the camper is equipped with is a very easy to use shade/rain solution for the entrance side of the camper.

And there you have it folks. As far as Fiamma goes, this was a no brainier for me as I had one (F-35 Pro) on the FlipPac that lasted for years in our harsh desert conditions here. VERY well made and well designed products. I'm excited to have its bigger brother on this build.

It's a 160 watt Go Power mono crystalline panel (by Carmanah, supplier to USCG, NASA, etc.). Same brand controller.

Extra fuel or water? Maxtrax? Check.

image.jpeg

For those wondering, the Maxtrax mounting pins used here accept locks for security. This size is also available in a 4 pack for a keyed alike option for everything on this rack :cool:

image.jpeg

To wit:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom