Dave's AT FlipPac Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, How did you mount the awning to the Flippac? Through bolt? I received an ARB awning, and I wanted it in the back, but it's too heavy to use the lower mount points.... considering using it on the side now.... Jay

Here's the bag it came in, very well made with a big fat zipper. Enclosure made by: http://www.slosails.com/
100_3718.jpg

Deployed, 4 sided enclosure. Totally private.
This enclosure will be a multi-purpose room for showering, bathroom, or even sleeping kids.
100_3700.jpg

Front wall, note the big grommets all along the bottom that allow the use of the big Snow Peak stakes, this thing isn't going anywhere.
100_3701.jpg

Entrance, note the big fat zipper with pulls on both sides and the big pocket sewn on the far wall for items like soap, shampoo, iPod, etc.
100_3714.jpg

Hooks attach inside wall to Fiamma case, inside wall provides extra privacy as well wind protection.
Hooks have grommets which allow the mounting of lights or just about anything on that wall like a Thule RV wall organizer.
I'm also going to add some 550 cord along there threaded via the grommets for hanging towels.
100_3709.jpg

Inside corner mounting details. Note how the velcro wraps around the bars for max privacy and wind proofing.
100_3708.jpg

100_3707.jpg

Shown here during enclosure mounting, the 7mm channel in the Fiamma allows the use of this "rope" for mounting and a completely sealed front edge.
100_3716.jpg

There is an aluminum extrusion that the Fiamma hangs from, it's bolted to the side of the FlipPac - 5 stainless steel rivets into the square steel tube that is glassed into the FP shell at the top, and 2 bolts through the fiberglass sides with large washers act as a safety to keep Fiamma and extrusion from parting ways.

Keeping us warm in winter camping is a two pronged approach - killer sleeping bags from Teton Sports and the Propex Heatsource HS-2000 from Adventure Trailers make winter camping a pleasure.

2.jpg

Updated home and install for the Propex from Goose Gear has things safe and maintenance friendly!

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

A bit of optional ducting to vent the heat up higher in the tent can be nice! :thumbsup

h3.jpg

Some more refinements to the Goose Gear interior - removable padded surfaces throughout and a center cargo deck that doubles as a table make this +/- 25 square feet of space family friendly

g1.jpg

All aluminum table fixtures ensure durability and light weight.

g4.jpg

g3.jpg

g5.jpg

Long trips are easier to load up for with cargo storage for provisions in the form of Front Runner Outfitters Flat Pack storage boxes.

g2.jpg

That turned out really nice. Looked good before but this makes it so much more... refined.

im thinking about getting one of those propex heaters. i wanted to see your install to see if they can be installed using ducting. so thanks for showing that. your rig is perfect.

im thinking about getting one of those propex heaters. i wanted to see your install to see if they can be installed using ducting. so thanks for showing that. your rig is perfect.

Thanks, saw your PM ;)

Dave your build is amazing and almost complete. Don't forget these for the leafs.....

HA! I thought the white letters were supposed to be facing out on vehicles with Rancho suspension. Bad form ...and shouldn't it read: "Keeps dirt, sand and mud in the leaf springs.

HA! I thought the white letters were supposed to be facing out on vehicles with Rancho suspension. Bad form ...and shouldn't it read: "Keeps dirt, sand and mud in the leaf springs.

Arrr... :threadpirate :pirateship

;)

One can never have too many options for charging gear in camp so last night I added a Blue Sea USB port in place of one of the 12V cigarette plugs. It has a 15 mA parasitic draw so I also added an on/off switch to protect the house battery when it's not in use. Now I two USB's right at the tailgate with 2.1 Amps of charging each - plenty for anything including an iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 113
Hi Dave,
I have enjoyed your build and your wonderful innovations for years now and I just jumped on board with the forum. Like always, bravo man! I have a similar type of build '09 Tacoma with a flippac (obviously nowhere near what you got going on) which I gain constant inspiration and knowledge from all of your hard work. Always looking forward to see what's up your sleeve. Thanks Dave.
-Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom