CVT Mt St Helens and V 2.0!

642DCAF4-F663-47E3-9D5B-28727FC0DDEF.jpeg
B873F3F9-9BDE-46AE-8A38-4F94BE944702.jpeg
E9612164-287E-48E2-9D66-2ECD4F68819B.jpeg
DE36900F-6D71-4B22-A10C-6A2E5A51F63B.jpeg

The really great news was Bobby of CVT was super responsive to the issues and wanted to do right by it. He was made aware right away with the quality problems and was willing to swap the tent out. Being 400 miles between Bend and my home that wasn’t going to work. So I made arrangements to drop the tent of in September at the end of a long trip. At that time I was made aware on version 2.0 and I could get one when they arrived from China. It was mid September and wouldn’t be using my RTT and wouldn’t have to store it for winter. I figured this was the way to go. Fast forward to Friday December 1st. I was making my way back from a Tahoe ski trip and paid a visit to CVT in Bend OR. After talking to Bobby the version 2.0 sounds like a better built tent and should be available in February of 2018. So stay tuned!!!

At that time I was made aware on version 2.0 and I could get one when they arrived from China. It was mid September and wouldn’t be using my RTT and wouldn’t have to store it for winter. I figured this was the way to go. Fast forward to Friday December 1st. I was making my way back from a Tahoe ski trip and paid a visit to CVT in Bend OR. After talking to Bobby the version 2.0 sounds like a better built tent and should be available in February of 2018. So stay tuned!!!

Any hints on what version 2.0 will bring? Or have you heard of an updated release date? Sent cvt an email, but have yet to hear a response. My old tepui is in need of a replacement.

Any hints on what version 2.0 will bring? Or have you heard of an updated release date? Sent cvt an email, but have yet to hear a response. My old tepui is in need of a replacement.

A lot of detail items like how the tent material clips to the base, zipper quality will be better, a small awning over the entry door and flap cover for that entry door. Last I heard the V 2.0 is now due in March. I wont need it till April so I'm good with it.

Been back and forth with cvt over the past week or so. Looks like a lot of new improvements on the tent. The eta I received was the end of April. They should have their sample tent in the next week or so and start putting out promotional information.

Been back and forth with cvt over the past week or so. Looks like a lot of new improvements on the tent. The eta I received was the end of April. They should have their sample tent in the next week or so and start putting out promotional information.

The photos I’ve seen are very nice. Hoping they’ve upgraded with more durable zippers and general build quality.

After waiting on this tent for 9 months I have found there is no perfect camp set up. RTT is a great touring set up but not ideal for technical trails. My main go to is sleeping on my platform in the bed of the truck for light and fast daily moving for one person. Two person daily movement is a ground tent with good sleeping pads. Base camping is a Oz tent or other large shelter. No perfect pill in my book.

First and foremost the major issues I had with V 1.0 have been addressed. I found no delamination in the shell, the tent fabric is now attached in sail track on the bottom instead of the silly clips, the waist of the tent doesn’t have the super tight elastic that caused the zippers to fail, and the latches are far better than V 1.0.

Secondary issues. The entry doors now have a flap to cover the screen with the external awning still in place. The zippers appear to be of better quality and glide smoothly. Longer screen to tuck in under the mattress when closed.

Unexpected improvements. Condensation mat is standard and installed right out of the box. Wings added to the entry awnings for improved shelter and structure. Rods to prop both side awnings open at the same time. Entry doors moved aft to allow two more side windows, one on each side.

The only miss I found so far is the entry door zippers don’t zip all the way down past the edge of the shell and will allow bugs in.

Mind you this is only initial impressions and I’ve only slept in it one night. I will report back once I get more time with it.

EF1C7610-A251-4016-8917-315150B3731B.jpeg
80DD95BC-943A-46B1-8A79-097AEA5E9296.jpeg
03D869D0-F691-4A86-B374-9B5F215875D2.jpeg
359B9C95-D148-4D4D-8639-74C37DAFAA57.jpeg

Looks good so far! But man it looks BIG on your truck!

Hopefully the quality holds up. I don't like the plastic ratchet type latches personally....

Durability is a big concern. The last tent blew its zippers out on the second to last day of a trip and the weather had changed to wet and typical PNW crap.

Back
Top Bottom