CV Removal Tool

Trump

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
I stumbled on this searching for various recovery gear a couple days ago. This seems like a caveman easy solution for those of us with IFS vehicles. If you've got some extra winchline laying around, you might be a good opportunity to learn some splicing skills and give it a shot.

cv-axel-tool.jpg

toolonifsaxle_1.jpg

http://www.southeastoverland.com/in...ct_id=174&virtuemart_category_id=57&Itemid=33

Hey that's clever and a whole lot lighter than lugging around a big ole prybar.

Hey that's clever and a whole lot lighter than lugging around a big ole prybar.

That's exactly what I thought. All these years, I've carried that prybar.

...and it was never very effective because there was no surface that provided a good fulcrum to pry with.

...and it was never very effective because there was no surface that provided a good fulcrum to pry with.

...and you don't have to crwaling under a possibly precariously supported rig or rolling around in the mud and gunk on the side of a trail. I do wonder how big of forearms one needs if that CV is being a bit stubborn. :ball&chain

How do I get one of those pieces of winch line??

You can order Dyneema rope by the foot. Not the cheapest option, but you could run down to West Marine and get it by the foot today. I think they only stock 1/4", but that would be plenty for this application.

What no hi-lift adaptor to go along with it? ;)

Another great idea!

Very clever adaptation of a stupid-simple recovery tool. It's originally designed to tie off on tubing when righting an overturned vehicle. Steve at SEO is a very smart guy!

Very clever adaptation of a stupid-simple recovery tool. It's originally designed to tie off on tubing when righting an overturned vehicle. Steve at SEO is a very smart guy!

Never had even heard of them until the other day. Smart thinking for sure.

Back
Top Bottom