ComeUp winches

Are these good winches? Anyone using them? Looking to put one in my GMC 1500 Sierra.

I’ve looked at them and heard many good things. I’d certainly select them over Smittybilt or Harbor Freight.

I was told that the 12.5 might not be enough!? That’s why I’m asking here cause y’all are a knowledgeable bunch

12.5 is probably about right. You'll probably have more line on the drum than the 16.

I have never heard anybody complain that their winch was too powerful, but I have heard people complain loudly when their winch line was too short.

12k winches are typically the same case size/footprint as the 8, 9 and 10k variety

16k winches are usually quite a bit larger and may not fit most bumpers - you need the right bumper, and the correctly rated hardware, for a 16.5 winch.

Riddle me this: What does RAM put in the Power Wagon (a 3/4 ton pickup) as an OEM winch?

A 12.5 is plenty for a full size 1/2 ton pickup but hey, it's your money so... ;)

Dave I see they use a Warm 12k

Bingo! And that’s had a lot of engineers involved in that selection too. I think you’ll be fine with a 12.5k, just use quality rigging and learn as much as you can BEFORE you need it.

Next issue is bumper and I just read where the ComeUp 12.5 is a foot forward mount.
Thinking of the Warn Ascent bumper but no way to mount foot forward in that bumper. May have to go with a Warn Zeon 12s to mount for down

Had a chance to talk with Come Up Winch president Ben Huang yesterday at SEMA. Interesting design for sure! External brake (better for synthetic winch line) conical brake so have a two part brake, the cone is drawn in (wedge) and clamping force as well.
F3A242F0-3D6D-4ADE-845D-B2C802DABCA5.jpeg

4B43DBC0-B356-4B2F-8B9D-441493102BDC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom