ComeUp winches

RickLB

Adventurist
I was told that the 12.5 might not be enough!? That’s why I’m asking here cause y’all are a knowledgeable bunch

Code Red

Adventurist
12.5 is probably about right. You'll probably have more line on the drum than the 16.

I have never heard anybody complain that their winch was too powerful, but I have heard people complain loudly when their winch line was too short.

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
12k winches are typically the same case size/footprint as the 8, 9 and 10k variety

16k winches are usually quite a bit larger and may not fit most bumpers - you need the right bumper, and the correctly rated hardware, for a 16.5 winch.

Riddle me this: What does RAM put in the Power Wagon (a 3/4 ton pickup) as an OEM winch?

A 12.5 is plenty for a full size 1/2 ton pickup but hey, it's your money so... ;)

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Dave I see they use a Warm 12k
Bingo! And that’s had a lot of engineers involved in that selection too. I think you’ll be fine with a 12.5k, just use quality rigging and learn as much as you can BEFORE you need it.

RickLB

Adventurist
Next issue is bumper and I just read where the ComeUp 12.5 is a foot forward mount.
Thinking of the Warn Ascent bumper but no way to mount foot forward in that bumper. May have to go with a Warn Zeon 12s to mount for down

Top Bottom