"Circle The Wagons". Or is it to Early to plan?

khjphoto

Adventurist
i am in the Mid Atlantic and will again attend the OVERLAND EXPO WEST.

Most likely will slab across on Highway 40. So, was just wonderin' anyone wish to create a "wagon train". and head West? Pick up more as we proceed to AZ. Maybe find wide spots along the road and "circle the wagons" - just like the old days!

Never too early to plan. We were still in our hotel room in Kingman the day after the expo closed getting ready for "the wife's day at Oatman" when I set a reminder on my phone. That reminder....set for March 01 of 2017 to start haunting the Expo-West site so we can get camping passes and not be stuck in a hotel.

My wife told me I was crazy..... and then agreed that she'd rather camp!

I'll be heading out for OXW again next year. Driving straight out and then lingering for a few weeks after to run the Old Spanish Trail. I was debating about heading out I70 to Denver and connecting with some people I know there and then "wagon train" from Denver down with those guys. 70 is a much better drive (in my opinion) than 40 anyway. Plus I've made the trip twice already and have a few 'camper friendly' rest areas in Kansas already picked out.

Yes, I agree 70 is better? I go out to California every year and rather sick of both routes!
Hmmmmm, maybe 70 'cause I know where the good eats are! Read about a couple now at the blog
http://www.seeyoudowntheroad.org.

Please refer to the rules of membership on the forum @khjphoto - promoting your own blog by diverting our members to your site, vice participating on the AAV forum by sharing your stories or pictures on our forum is not acceptable.

As an analogy, presented Barney-style. You've been invited into our home to enjoy our hospitality. Now you're telling our other family members that they should come to your house because you have something to offer better than what is offered here.

This is the third time I've mentioned it to you and your last chance to correct this behavior. Next violation results in an extended time out for you.

rules.jpg

LOL. I'll grab my hat and coat and leave. Outta here.

PS: you must be a damnacrat

No need to leave, just do the right thing. As a reference, here is what @TangoBlue is talking about in case you missed it:

"15. Forum Etiquette for Bloggers and Outdoor Industry Insiders: We ask that you give us a solid "intro" to your article/blog post etc that includes 2-3 quality photos to illustrate the best of your experience/product and a brief executive summary or synopsis of the subject with your link. This will more than likely encourage our readers to learn more and tells readers you're enthusiastic about ________ and that they should enjoy the subject too.

If your only posts here on this Community Forum are solely to drop links to guide traffic "back to your site", you will not be meeting the basic requirements for membership here. We expect a higher level of interaction than just self promotion or blatant link dropping. Post up, ask and answer questions, share with the Community as a PERSON first. Vendor, blogger, industry insider dude or just regular Joe we should all be here for the primary reason this Forum was created - to share information and have fun!

In closing, don't expect to submit a minimal effort post here on our Forum to "click my link for neat stuff" without adversely affecting your reputation with our readers. If you don't have the time to capture our interest here on this site why should we bother to follow a link to your site?"

I have seen a couple of posts that although Expo West will be staying in the Flagstaff area the venue is changing. Anyone have information on that?

Definitely still in the Flagstaff area, in fact closer to town than Mormon Lake.

We considered California and its huge population pool, but it would have made attending much more difficult for those in Colorado, Texas, etc. Flagstaff is in a sweet spot with I-40 and I-17—an easy day's drive from L.A., Denver, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, and many others.

Plus I couldn't take my Glock to California . . .

I think that the geographic positioning of the event is key given those driving distances. Flagstaff is a great destination hub. I myself make the pilgrimage each year and look forward to the "overlanding" opportunities presented on the trip to and from the event.

Looking at a map and ahead to Expo EAST I see unlimited exploration opportunities along the way as I travel from IL to NC in 2017.

Thanks for continuing to put on such a classy event @Jonathan Hanson - we're proud to be a part of such a great movement.

Back
Top Bottom