California Trip Recommendations

calishooterone

Adventurist
Good afternoon all.
I'm looking for ideas to head out july 5th thru the 7th looking at coast or mountains gotta stay away from the desert right now, Man its hot out LOL. 2-4 hour travel time to destination ?
would love some trail and camping ideas giving my wife and I a chance to see how our setup is coming along, Any input/ideas appreciated
( starting point LA )

The Shaver Lake area (Sierra's) should be nice this time of year. I'd imagine that most of the campgrounds are already booked but there is a lot of BLM land to camp on in that area.

In the past, I have done a few 4th of July trips up the coast. Camping Prewitt or Los Buros Ridge near Big Sur. Great weather this time of year and surprisingly not that busy. Morro Bay and Cayucos both have good fireworks shows and you can see both shows form either location depending on evening fog. Morro Bay is a more family-friendly atmosphere, Cayucos is more of a surfer party scene, but both are a good time.

In the past, I have done a few 4th of July trips up the coast. Camping Prewitt or Los Buros Ridge near Big Sur. Great weather this time of year and surprisingly not that busy. Morro Bay and Cayucos both have good fireworks shows and you can see both shows form either location depending on evening fog. Morro Bay is a more family-friendly atmosphere, Cayucos is more of a surfer party scene, but both are a good time.

was thinking of heading that way but I was told I couldn't get to Bixby Bridge since the landslide or was that past it ?

Back
Top Bottom