BorregoFest Event: October 10th - 12th, 2014

BorregoWrangler

Adventurist
Founding Member
I'll be heading out to the desert in October for the BorregoFest event hosted by Outdoor Adventure USA. They will also be offering Amateur Radio License testing on Sunday for all levels from 10:00 AM to noon. Camp will be located at the Butterfield Ranch Resort, located just outside the Park boundary. The Ranch is equipped with full hookups for RVs, plenty of tent camping, showers, and a well stocked store. For more information on all of the events, including, 4x4 trail runs, camp directions, Ham Radio testing and to sign up, click here: http://forums.oausa.net/viewforum.php?f=193

On Saturday I'll be leading a run up Carrizo Mountain and then through the southern area of the Park.

0511131621.jpg

The OAUSA BorregoFest is always a great time in the desert - this is the 6th year it's been held, and we'd like to see all the folks at American Adventurists come down and join us for the weekend. With trail runs, pot-luck dinners, dutch oven cook-off, beer and wine tasting, special guest speakers, a group campground with a pool, showers, and clean restrooms, amateur radio demos and testing, and the awesome sites of the Anza-Borrego desert, there is definitely something for everyone.

Bring yourself, your friends, and your family, and come out to have a good time, meet new friends, hang with old ones, and relax.
For more information, and to sign up, go to www.oausa.net.

I am not sure If I will make it this year, but have it on the calendar. Too anyone who is going, get signed up for the "Mine" run. It is an awesome day

This has always been a superb event, and it gets better every year. If I can make it, I will be there. Great runs, and the potluck is always awesome. Great folks too.

BorregoFest Special Friday Evening Presentation:

Most have heard of or watched Huell Howser's "California Gold" TV series, which aired on most Public Broadcasting stations (PBS). Unfortunately, Mr. Howser passed away last year. Shortly before his death, he was involved in producing another episode of California Gold, which never aired. Since the episode was nearly complete, the task of finishing it was taken over by McDonald Productions, and just recently became ready for viewing. John McDonald has offered us a first viewing of the completed project and it will be shown on Friday evening at camp. John offered this preview:

"A unique episode of Huell Howser's California's Gold TV series that never aired, featuring John McDonald's documentary, The Ghost Mountain Experiment. Huell and John met in the Anza-Borrego Desert to present the fascinating story about a family who flees the city to live off the land and off the grid. But after 17 years their back-to-nature dream ends as isolation and betrayal take their toll. The director and others involved in the production will be on hand for a Q&A following the screening. DVDs of the episode, including additional bonus features will be on sale with a 20% discount."

SHOWING DETAILS

Date: Friday, October 10, 2014
Time: 7:30PM
Cost: Free

Back
Top Bottom