7379ae4278ff200d33004eeae9a91425.jpg

Dinoot spring kit came in today. Hopefully the u bolts I can get form work are the right size, if not I will have to pick some up tomorrow so I can install this over the weekend

Well, I started on the project this afternoon but it was ridiculously hot so I did not make it too far. Got the new parts primed

f8a5b103dab0c0b0ab5f54073465514b.jpg

And painted

8a4c26f6602e776692318c79367ca6a3.jpg

And thanks to some awesome penetrating spray and some brute force makita the axle is stripped and the old springs are off.

d963db72745c32d1c56e189fac49da0c.jpg

Tomorrow morning I will pull the old spring brackets off and start getting the new parts in place. We have some stuff to do tomorrow so this probably won't be done until Sunday

101806e36b038288f7dd8aa94922e45b.jpg

Almost forgot, the brackets form Dinoot comes welded only on two sides. While this is fine, and there are a lot of these kits around with no problems it still bothered me. So I took them with me to work today and burned in the sides. Can't wait to get my welder set up at home.
06c8882c36fcb1f7b5a7a57fb4d4a51c.jpg

We were at a concert last night so I did not get a chance to update this yesterday.

So, yesterday I stripped the old brackets and figured out where the new ones needed to sit. Just for reference here is the new and old set up side by side.

fbfbbeb7e922e30ecb206f23f64b926e.jpg

And here is the driver side bracket in place with the springs finger tight

2f3eb70589d13199ecf080b4b5c55a59.jpg

Ended up getting the driver side bracket fully installed and the springs in place yesterday.

Got a later start this morning than I would like, and it is pushing 100 deg in the yard right now so things progressed slowly today with a lot of breaks to cool down.

de70a4da87ab79f26f618d2992c51a9e.jpg

The trailer was spring over, but the new spring setup is taller than the old so I opted for spring under to keep the height about the same (and Paige happy). I think this will get changed though. The fender clearance is a lot tighter than I would like. It did great on the test drive around town but I think there will be some rubbing on a rougher road. I am going to leave it as is for now and test it in Big Bear in 2 weeks, and that will leave me time to change it before MRV if I need to.

094f85c78cd3eebf54f21191d0ee6c2a.jpg

6d014db30aa870f0a8c8e28456cd37c0.jpg

2603bfd37139cc10aad35f3fa40543b6.jpg

I have decided I will do the shock kit as well but that is going to wait until cooler weather

Yeah, you need more clearance bro. It's going to be easier on the trailer in the long run if the wheels/tires and trailer don't rub. You may consider bump stops and limiting straps too with the shocks.

Four pieces of material, 4 holes and you're done but you could make 2 extra holes for a 2" or 4" lift could be changed on trail if more ht needed?

So do you run that buddy heater in that tight space and not die of asphyxiation? If so how long you been doing it? I know the buddy heater has all kinds of built in safeties but it still freaks me out a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do you run that buddy heater in that tight space and not die of asphyxiation? If so how long you been doing it? I know the buddy heater has all kinds of built in safeties but it still freaks me out a bit.

I run it in there, but not over night, just to warm it it at night or in the morning. I also keep an alarm with it just in case. Did the same thing using it in the tent. They are supposed to be safe, but I am cautious with it.

I run it in there, but not over night, just to warm it it at night or in the morning. I also keep an alarm with it just in case. Did the same thing using it in the tent. They are supposed to be safe, but I am cautious with it.

So you run yours like we do. I don't have an extra alarm but I do have a canary

It was less than $20 on amazon. Cheap insurance if you ask me.

Yeah, you need more clearance bro. It's going to be easier on the trailer in the long run if the wheels/tires and trailer don't rub. You may consider bump stops and limiting straps too with the shocks.
The more I look at it this evening the more I don't like it, the spring over change starts after work tomorrow. Bump stops will certainly go on with the shocks.

The more I look at it this evening the more I don't like it, the spring over change starts after work tomorrow. Bump stops will certainly go on with the shocks.
For some reason I knew that was how it was going to pan out.. hopefully it won't take to long to flip..

So, the longer I thought about it the more it bothered me, so it became priority when I got home tonight. It could not have gone easier. I have been home for 1 hour 50 min. The axle is swapped, took a break for dinner and all the tools are put away. Lots of clearance now.

49d8e4470255170cf4559fba60fd6f36.jpg

bcb5ef289c9e680022c63808b7898406.jpg

Back
Top Bottom