2 small things today.

First, the 6 disc cd changer did not work when I bought the truck. I did not care, figured I would put in an aftermarket head unit with an aux port anyway. After looking into it it was a ridiculous amount of adapters and dash modification and I was to cheap to put that much money into the stereo. Well, I found a company that takes the single disc version of the factory radio, does a refurbishment and adds an aux input. Completely plug and play and the port looks factory. Less than $120 and took about 30 min to swap out. Very happy with it.

20171224_131145-01.jpeg

Also added a sticker that has to be good for 15 hp

20171224_131122-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently put a double din nav unit in my 06 CTD. So now all my music is in memory inside the unit, bluetooth phone and other Android apps including back up cam and dash cam. all in one unit.
Was around $200.00

I recently put a double din nav unit in my 06 CTD. So now all my music is in memory inside the unit, bluetooth phone and other Android apps including back up cam and dash cam. all in one unit.
Was around $200.00

Which head unit did you get and did you need any adapters for the canbus or steering wheel controls?

Are those rubbers on yet? It's been a few days already.
Picked up the wheels yesterday, but this is a hockey weekend. Just got home from the Ontario Reign clinching a playoff spot, and tomorrow we head to San Diego to watch the Reign hopefully eliminate the Gulls from the playoffs. If all goes well I will get some wheels mounted up Sunday evening

IMG_20180406_061936_685.jpg

So, there has been a little delay at CJC and a change in ball joints. Instead of the EMF balljoints the truck will be getting a prototype set of ball joints for testing from an undisclosed manufacturer. Should be ready for pick up on Wednesday

Sent via carrier pigeon

Ooohhh ahhh undisclosed?? When are you gping to tell us???

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

As soon as I am released from the NDA

Sent via carrier pigeon

Just announced.

from Synergy

"After 5 years of development and over 100,000 test miles our Heavy Duty Adjustable Ram Ball Joints are here!

This is the last set of ball joints you will EVER have to buy.

To see a full installation video head on over to our Youtube channel:
♦️>>> https://goo.gl/XSP3d7 <<<♦️

Limited Lifetime Warranty: Tighten up your steering for good with our patent-pending design which is fully adjustable, serviceable, and rebuildable without having to press the ball joints back out of the axle end forging yokes (C's). These ball joints never have to come back out.

Available in knurled and non-knurled versions to fit all vehicles regardless of what type of ball joints were installed previously. Lower ball joint bearing surfaces are CNC machined from 4140 steel, heat treated, induction hardened, and ferritic nitrocarburized to make these the longest lasting, longest wearing ball joints on the market.

Kit includes all 4 ball joints to service one truck and the adjuster tool for adjusting the preload on the lower ball joints.

Product Page:
>>> https://goo.gl/ZAttba <<<

syn1.jpg
syn2.jpg

Had to get approval from this guy for that last post. Good to see you made a decision on a camper and are moving forward. Did they give you any estimated date for completion?

1642616462332.png

Had to get approval from this guy for that last post. Good to see you made a decision on a camper and are moving forward. Did they give you any estimated date for completion?

They are quoting 7 months, but are going to make a push and try and have it ready by Overland Expo. We are confirming options and dimensions this week.

Excited to hear how you like those Wild peaks.
I have been very happy with them, and I am now on my third set, as I have gone up from 37x12.5 to 38x13.5 I was extremely happy with the Toyo's that I had before, they were a great tire, but the Falken has surpassed them in every way. Tons of traction both on and off-road, ride smooth, and pretty quiet on the highway. No problems balancing them and they wear evenly. When it is time for another set I will probably go back to the 37 as they have a stiffer sidewall and felt more planted on the highway, but that is not an issue with the tire, 8000lbs with 10.5 inches of sidewall on the highway isn't going to handle like a sports car.

Back
Top Bottom