I do live in Chino, and I grew up in Chino Hills. I will have to keep an eye out for you around town

Sent via carrier pigeon

I as well, maybe Ill see you at CJC as well, I have alot of suspension components lined up ready for them to install haha

Curious as to how you're liking the Falken tires and where is a good place to get them in SoCal? I'm having a hard time finding them available locally. Thanks!

Curious as to how you're liking the Falken tires and where is a good place to get them in SoCal? I'm having a hard time finding them available locally. Thanks!

So far I am very happy with them. With how much sidewall there is (37" tire on 17" rim) they are fairly stiff so they feel pretty good on the highway with good traction. They are also much quieter than the Toyo that I ran before (and was very happy with). Offroad they have tons of traction, and the stepped lug walls clear debris well. After mixed terrain, some decent rocks including sharp shale on Gold Mountain they are wearing evenly and with only one small chunk. The only real downside I can say about the Falken is that it is a heavy tire, but at the same time if you are going to have thick treads and sidewalls you have to put material there, and material equals weight.

As for wear to get them, I am a big fan of America's Tire. They have always treated me well, and normally have fair prices. Their nationwide hazard warranty is also hard to beat. There is also a smaller shop in Covina called Tucker tire. They have great prices and a true family feel to the shop, but I keep coming back to the Americas tire warranty. If you can't find them let me know and I will make some calls and see if I can find a set.

America's Tire is Discount Tire in the rest of the world. Some kind of trademark infringement in the LA area years ago.

So far I am very happy with them. With how much sidewall there is (37" tire on 17" rim) they are fairly stiff so they feel pretty good on the highway with good traction. They are also much quieter than the Toyo that I ran before (and was very happy with). Offroad they have tons of traction, and the stepped lug walls clear debris well. After mixed terrain, some decent rocks including sharp shale on Gold Mountain they are wearing evenly and with only one small chunk. The only real downside I can say about the Falken is that it is a heavy tire, but at the same time if you are going to have thick treads and sidewalls you have to put material there, and material equals weight.

As for wear to get them, I am a big fan of America's Tire. They have always treated me well, and normally have fair prices. Their nationwide hazard warranty is also hard to beat. There is also a smaller shop in Covina called Tucker tire. They have great prices and a true family feel to the shop, but I keep coming back to the Americas tire warranty. If you can't find them let me know and I will make some calls and see if I can find a set.
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info on where to find them. I hadn't thought of America's Tire but I'll give them a call. I had originally ran a set of Falken tires on my Tundra years ago and was interested how they performed on your truck as I now have a Ram also.

Discount Tire / America's Tire is the only place I'll buy tires. Fair prices, the best customer service ever and fantastic warranties. I had a set of Goodyear Wranglers years ago that wore out 1/2 way through their expected life. They did all the leg work and got me a 60% credit from Goodyear toward new tires.

On top of all that they're a major sponsor of motocross. There's nothing about them I don't like.

Not exactly a big update, but it is one that made me happier than I expected. For longer than I am willing to admit (2 years or more) I have been staring at this

20170622_200416.jpg

This is the cause of a poor design by Dodge and is a common problem on the 3rd generation trucks. The mounting point is week, and the washers are undersized which translates into grab handles that come off.

20170622_200529.jpg

Well I finally broke down and ordered a new set
20170622_200502.jpg

I also ordered a set of reinforcemens that one of the guys from Dodge talk makes. They are simple, nothing to them really, but they seem to have good results. An aluminum cup for the backside, with a matching insert.
20170622_200553.jpg

Took about 10 minutes to do. I never realized just how much the cosmetics of the missing panels bothered me until I got the new ones on.

20170622_202036.jpg

I am starting to play with video a little bit, so here is one that I did as a test.

This was shot on a combination of cell phone and a $30 GoPro knock off from Amazon. I certainly have a lot to learn, but the only way to learn is to do it.

Someday I hope they look more like this​

Back
Top Bottom