Biolite Fire Pit

Looks like a great Hi Tech alternative to a camp fire pit. However I doubt you can use is burn ban areas (main reason I carry propane fire pit). My pit looks to be half the stored size of this one and the biggest drawback of mine is it's size packed. I'll be following in case someone gets one or even has one :)

x2 on using in fire ban areas. Propane is allowed because you can turn the flame off.

I just got a new unit called Quikfire it is a propane powered unit that's 5 lbs and can crank out up to a claimed 160,000 BTU with a 3' tall flame if you want to waste propane. No rocks or ceramic logs to deal with.

Thanks for bringing the burn restriction element. We we're looking to get the Camp Fire in can system, but I thought the restrictions would be the same. So if you can turn it off your essentially good to go?

I bought one through their kickstarter campaign as an alternative to a washer tub fire pit. It seems well made and would be easier to pack around due to its shape but hasn’t left my garage shelf due to fire restrictions. I’ve been meaning to at least test it out in my back years but haven’t made the time to do it.

Thanks for bringing the burn restriction element. We we're looking to get the Camp Fire in can system, but I thought the restrictions would be the same. So if you can turn it off your essentially good to go?

Yes. Propane campfire works same as a stove ;)

I just got a new unit called Quikfire it is a propane powered unit that's 5 lbs and can crank out up to a claimed 160,000 BTU with a 3' tall flame if you want to waste propane. No rocks or ceramic logs to deal with.

Link?

Yep that is the one. Very light, no tools needed and a big plus is no pumice or ceramic rocks to break and pulverize as we bounce along the trails. The flame will go 3' if you want. The only thing that could even be construed as a negative is if the regulator is turned past max flame it cuts low down to minimum flame, it was explained to me this is a built in regulator feature and shared by many regulator manufacturers. One improvement would be an index mark on regulator knob.All in all 9.5 out of 10.

Well, decided to go ahead and order a kit but they only have an option for paypal, which I will never use again, and they have absolutely no contact information on the website. Going to have to hunt them down.

Following this one, looks like a better option than the propane fire pit I currently have...I disremember the brand of mine.

How sooty does the quickfire get? That is my one complaint on my DIY one, otherwise it works great.

As to the Biolite, it looks neat, but its $$ I got one of the solostove ones, it has been shelved for back yard use only. Too damn big.

Back
Top Bottom