Bigger "Not a Teardrop"

Did you do this for a corrugated roof? Bummer on the router bit. That happens to me if the bit gets loose

Capturex.PNG

At first I thought the bit was loose in the collet so I tightnened it up but it just got worse!
Yep, ready for corregated roofing with no flattening and no viods underneath. It looks like I'll need 5 sheets to barley cover it so I might use 6 and have some good overlap.

This project is great! I look forward to seeing more. My wife really wants an rpod, and she'll probably win, but I think I could build something so much better!

In the first picture of the SOA on Post 14, what does the jack screw looking piece between the old and new spring mounts do?

Looking good! You should consider double doors on the back. Opening on to the porch, I think they would make it feel more open and give you better air circulation in the summer. It would also allow you to haul larger items.

Capture2.PNG

It is going to have double doors so I can get my morotcycle inside, one full size and a smaller aux door to make the opening 4 feet wide. I want to keep as much solid area on the end to help prevent racking of the structure.

MDO plywood, screwed and glued with polyurethane glue. It has a nice factory coating but will also get a coat of exterior acrylic paint.

A couple of roof bows installed this afternoon. Life keeps getting in the way of this build but it is getting done one small step at a time.
also got a nice porta potty from a person on this site, New in box Thetford, $50.00!

2225.jpg

3158.jpg

1301.jpg

Had a thought about the rear wall. Id need a door large enough for a bike and sidecar. The rear ramp corners could be tied in to the sides when folded up to stiffen the rear wall up when driving.

Watching your project. I have a similar size flatbed Ive thought of building a general purpose camper/hauler out of. It may be too large to be practical for a 4runner though.

This is why I worked 10 hours yesterday to get the roof done. 4 inches and still snowing after weather report said maybe 1/2 inch!
I had to put the trailer down on it's knees to get to the top:

20181231_115546_1_.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom