Bigger "Not a Teardrop"

verdesard0g

Adventurist
Well, here it is, my next project. It will be a toy hauler for my motorcycle and camping set up. I was thinking about a cargo trailer conversion so I looked at new ones, Pure junk!!! The plywood floors are held up with formed stamped sheet metal steel like a unibody car. No go for me, especially at $5,000 for a medium size tandem axle one. I wanted tandem axles due to the better ride qualities off road. I have seen the difference first hand while on a hot air ballon crew, we had one single axle trailer and several tandems. the tandems where so much better off road!

I got this 16 footer for just over $1500:

2206.jpg

The first step was changing all lights to LED's. And adding an additional set of red lights that flash when the engine brake on my truck is actuated.
Of course all the lights needed new brackets, they didn't fit otherwise. I fabbed up some stainless steel to make everything fit nice.
Next step is a spring over axle conversion which is on the way now.

The bike will ride inside thefefore making for a larger enclosed space, similar to a toy hauler. The ramp will act as a porch with levelers on it for when the bike is already outside.

And then look what showed up tonight. Spring over axle conversion kits. I made my own on the last trailer so thought I would try sometihng off the shelf this time.

2208.jpg

Back
Top Bottom