Bailey's 2010 Tundra - Adventure Build (w/ Trip Photos)

BaileyJ

Adventurist
Hey everyone!

I figured I would start a build thread for the new project. Picked up a 2010 Tundra, 4x4 Platinum w/ 106k miles December 13, 2017. From 12/13/17 to 12/17/18, the builds primary use was a Reliable DD that could get me anywhere I want and home at the end of the weekend. Just a Build for camping, road trips, and exploring with the pup (Ozzy) and Family/Friends. As of 12/18/18, I've been full-timing in my Four Wheel Camper Raven and working while on the road. Comment below if you have any questions about the setup

How she sits:
45981352774_eabb8a698f_b.jpg

46756593124_f3b69751e6_b.jpg

32547049487_f87c310434_b.jpg

Lighting/Electrical:
- Baja Designs, Plug and Play, 07-13 Tundra Fog Kit w/ Squadron-R Sport, Pair, Amber Wide Cornering (Fog Lights)
- Baja Designs, S2 Sport, Flush Mount, Wide Cornering (Reverse Light)
- Baja Designs, S2 Sport, Flush Mount, Amber Wide Cornering (Dust/Safety Light)
- Baja Designs, XL80, Pair, w/ Spot Lenses (Distance/Off-Road Lights)
- Switch Pros SP-9100 (Install Link)
- Alinco DR-638T Commercial Radio

Front Suspension:
- Total Chaos Upper Control Arms (UCAs)
- Elka 2.5's with High and Low-Speed Compression Adjusters

Rear Suspension:
- Toytec 1-1/2" Block
- Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
- Daystar Airbag Cradles
- Elka 2.5's with High and Low-Speed Compression Adjusters

Miscellaneous Gear:
- MAXTRAX MKII Orange
- SDHQ Ditch Light Brackets
- 2018 Four Wheel Campers - Raven (Shell)
- TOTAL CHAOS Skid Plates

Wheels/Tires:
- 17" TRD Forged Rock Warrior Wheels
- 34x11.5 Toyo Open Country ATII

Interior:
- MAX Liner USA, Grey All-Weather Floor Mats
- Pet Seat Cover

How I bought her:
00k0k_inkbnqkq0hc_600x450-jpg.105308

Last edited:
Looking good Bailey

Thanks Brett! :D

Nice rig, it almost appears to be two different colors.

Thank You - the slate grey has a nice blue flake to it in direct sunlight. Switches between dark grey and dark grey/blue depending on lighting.

Nice rig, what’s the bracket by the tailgate?

Thanks! It's an HF antenna mount the previous owner installed (he was an amateur radio enthusiast). I'm thinking of removing the brass mount and mounting an air fitting instead for tools and airing up tires. That's a project for down the road :)

-BaileyJ

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share a few photos of my Switch Pros SP-9100 Install on my 2010 Tundra.

I plan on adding a small variety of accessories down the road and this makes it very easy to do so. This also makes it easy to run the fog lights anytime (I'll get there :cool:). For those that aren't aware, the Switch Pros SP9100 is a very high tech solid-state power module that features 8 circuits for lighting and electrical accessories (4-35A, 4-18A). These circuits have a nice amount of programmable features like momentary, flash, dim, strobe, and more). All you have to do is install the power module under the hood, run the very thin switch cable inside, and mount the switch panel... It's that easy! But I wanted to make it a little bit easier.

What's all included (color coded wires on SP-9100, was red on SP-8100):
bezel-complete-kit.jpg

I went ahead and mounted the Power Module to the underwood fuse box cover. I also picked up a distribution block from Frys and ran the individual wires to that. This allows me to simply unscrew the block hardware and attach the accessory wire. No crimping, soldering, or splicing.

25248646667_4f9eb24280_b.jpg

The wires are color coded as follows:

Switch 1 - Brown (18A)
Switch 2 - Red (18A)
Switch 3 - Orange (18A)
Switch 4 - Yellow (18A)
T1* (Trigger) - Pink
Ground - Black
LT** (Interior Lights) - White
IGN*** (Ignition) - Blue
Switch 5 - Green (35A) 2 Wires
Switch 6 - Blue (35A) 2 Wires
Switch 7 - Purple (35A) 2 Wires
Switch 8 - Grey (35A) 2 Wires

*Trigger. Allows a trigger to control up to 4 circuits. I am going to run the Baja Designs fog lights to switch 1 and the OEM fog wire to T1 (Pink). When I activate switch 1 I will be able to turn on the fogs anytime. I will also have control over the fogs using the factory stock on the steering column.

**Interior Lights. This allows the backlighting to be dimmed when your headlights come on. You can pre-set the color and brightness in the switch pros app.

***Ignition. Gives power to panel when vehicle is started. Prevents lights or accessories from being left on without the car on or keys inside. Run directly to battery if you want to bypass.

Here is how everything looks mounted underneath the hood:
26246981578_f834306589_b.jpg

25248644937_ac9c69549f_b.jpg

For the Switch Panel I decided to mount it somewhere that could easily be reversed or changed. I chose the cubby directly in front of the shifter. Here is how it looks mounted:

Vehicle OFF
40088197832_b8e49ed446_b.jpg

Vehicle Running (backlight on full brightness)
25248647787_e42c564c4f_b.jpg

Vehicle Running and Headlight ON (backlight dimmed to match interior)
26246983318_e13b605ae2_b.jpg

And a zoomed out pic showing how it sits compared to the other interior lights. I'll be fine tuning the color and brightness when it gets dark tonight.

25248648797_127335e4f6_b.jpg

Hopefully this helps give some people ideas of how or where they'd mount their SP-9100. So far I'm very happy with the product and plan on messing around with it more once I get more lights!
Can't wait to see what the strobe, flash, and dim do.... dance party?

Another nice wiring job! Apparently I'm the only guy on the forum that can't WFS (wire for sh!@t), my wiring always looks like a grade schooler did it...no offense to grade schoolers!:cool:

I'd take that truck out and wheel the crap out of it, find out what it won't do that you want it to do and build it accordingly. My guess is 4wd and Maxtrax will get you most anywhere you really want to go. There are exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking the more you build it for off highway, the worse it does on highway. Armor is always a safe bet, not worth many mall crawler style points but effective for what we do!

Another nice wiring job! Apparently I'm the only guy on the forum that can't WFS (wire for sh!@t), my wiring always looks like a grade schooler did it...no offense to grade schoolers!:cool:

I'd take that truck out and wheel the crap out of it, find out what it won't do that you want it to do and build it accordingly. My guess is 4wd and Maxtrax will get you most anywhere you really want to go. There are exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking the more you build it for off highway, the worse it does on highway. Armor is always a safe bet, not worth many mall crawler style points but effective for what we do!
I can burn a perfectly good vehicle down to the ground wiring something too Bob. Just ask @BlkWgn @Andy or @richard310

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share a few photos of my Switch Pros SP-9100 Install on my 2010 Tundra.

I plan on adding a small variety of accessories down the road and this makes it very easy to do so. This also makes it easy to run the fog lights anytime (I'll get there :cool:). For those that aren't aware, the Switch Pros SP9100 is a very high tech solid-state power module that features 8 circuits for lighting and electrical accessories (4-35A, 4-18A). These circuits have a nice amount of programmable features like momentary, flash, dim, strobe, and more). All you have to do is install the power module under the hood, run the very thin switch cable inside, and mount the switch panel... It's that easy! But I wanted to make it a little bit easier.

What's all included (color coded wires on SP-9100, was red on SP-8100):
bezel-complete-kit.jpg

I went ahead and mounted the Power Module to the underwood fuse box cover. I also picked up a distribution block from Frys and ran the individual wires to that. This allows me to simply unscrew the block hardware and attach the accessory wire. No crimping, soldering, or splicing.

25248646667_4f9eb24280_b.jpg

The wires are color coded as follows:

Switch 1 - Brown (18A)
Switch 2 - Red (18A)
Switch 3 - Orange (18A)
Switch 4 - Yellow (18A)
T1* (Trigger) - Pink
Ground - Black
LT** (Interior Lights) - White
IGN*** (Ignition) - Blue
Switch 5 - Green (35A) 2 Wires
Switch 6 - Blue (35A) 2 Wires
Switch 7 - Purple (35A) 2 Wires
Switch 8 - Grey (35A) 2 Wires

*Trigger. Allows a trigger to control up to 4 circuits. I am going to run the Baja Designs fog lights to switch 1 and the OEM fog wire to T1 (Pink). When I activate switch 1 I will be able to turn on the fogs anytime. I will also have control over the fogs using the factory stock on the steering column.

**Interior Lights. This allows the backlighting to be dimmed when your headlights come on. You can pre-set the color and brightness in the switch pros app.

***Ignition. Gives power to panel when vehicle is started. Prevents lights or accessories from being left on without the car on or keys inside. Run directly to battery if you want to bypass.

Here is how everything looks mounted underneath the hood:
26246981578_f834306589_b.jpg

25248644937_ac9c69549f_b.jpg

For the Switch Panel I decided to mount it somewhere that could easily be reversed or changed. I chose the cubby directly in front of the shifter. Here is how it looks mounted:

Vehicle OFF
40088197832_b8e49ed446_b.jpg

Vehicle Running (backlight on full brightness)
25248647787_e42c564c4f_b.jpg

Vehicle Running and Headlight ON (backlight dimmed to match interior)
26246983318_e13b605ae2_b.jpg

And a zoomed out pic showing how it sits compared to the other interior lights. I'll be fine tuning the color and brightness when it gets dark tonight.

25248648797_127335e4f6_b.jpg

Hopefully this helps give some people ideas of how or where they'd mount their SP-9100. So far I'm very happy with the product and plan on messing around with it more once I get more lights!
Can't wait to see what the strobe, flash, and dim do.... dance party?
Looking good Bailey

^^^^There were NO flames when I melted down the fuse block in my '91 Wrangler rock crawler...thank you very much!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom