Autohome Overcamp

Yuman Desert Rat

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
20141025_092023.jpg
When I made the switch from the Jeep to a 100 series Land Cruiser just over a year ago I said goodbye to my Eezi Awn palace, with a heavy heart. it was a 1600 T-Top so it had MORE than enough space for just me, although it was nice!

I was always torn between being able to go Kayaking or finding the time and mule team to remove the RTT to be able to mount said kayak... So I decided that the 100 series build would allow me to do both. SO the Autohome Overcamp was the perfect and quite frankly ONLY solution. If EEzi Awn made a comparable tent I would gladly fork over the money without question!

So far it hasn't let me down. It's well constructed and quite cozy. Especially when the propex 2000 heater is added to the equation. It fits my 6'3" 210 lb carcass just fine with room to spare for the wife(if she ever decides to join me).
20141025_091811.jpg
20141023_155915.jpg

Last edited:
Great setup Ryan.....looks even better in person. Looking forward to another year at Apalacian Rendezvous. I am going to pick your brain on that propex setup!

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

Great looking setup - you've done a great job of dialing in that 100! :truck

Off the top of my head....
Wagon gear tailgate mod.
Motorized HAM antenna mount.
Kaymar work/reverse light.
Rigid reverse/camp/auxiliary lights.
AT water tank with custom "Schmidty-built" water tank contraption.
Finally wired up the inverter and rear power outlets.
Swapped the tent to the passenger side.
New tires.
Metal tech upper and lower rear control arms.
Interior mounted rotopax H2O tanks.

Update:
-I also added 2 AluBoxes With hinged solar panels. They're mounted next to the tent and I relocated the MAXTRAXX underneath the tent.
-I modified the "wings" on the drawer system. They are now secured with threaded inserts in the wing vice a through bolt and nut. It makes removal an reinstallation a much easier one handed process. I also added 2, two way switches under the inverter and a solar system display to the left wing.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head....
Wagon gear tailgate mod.
Motorized HAM antenna mount.
Kaymar work/reverse light.
Rigid reverse/camp/auxiliary lights.
AT water tank with custom "Schmidty-built" water tank contraption.
Finally wired up the inverter and rear power outlets.
Swapped the tent to the passenger side.
New tires.
Metal tech upper and lower rear control arms.
Interior mounted rotopax H2O tanks.

:pics

Hey Schmidty... I noticed that you had 2 cubic inches of space not allocated to hold something. What's up with that? :D

Kevin Rowland does masterful work on those panels, doesn't he. Hard to find quality and utility like that very often. One thing we do when we install those is line the exterior body panel with sound deadening material... not so much for sound or thermal insulation but for protection of the metal should you drop a heavy object which could dimple the body. Known to happen from some folks who stored recovery gear there and dropped a screw-pin shackle leaving a nasty dimple-dent.

Since you have access, about 30cc of transmission fluid applied to the bottom of the tailgate helps to prevent rust. The scant amount of fluid seeps into the seam and deters rust formation, not uncommon among Land Cruisers in that area.

I also have another patch for you shipmate.

Last edited:
:facepalm
I'm trying to figure out how the AAV patches ended up all the way on the bottom row...

:stir

Hey Schmidty... I noticed that you had 2 cubic inches of space not allocated to hold something. What's up with that? :D

Kevin Rowland does masterful work on those panels, doesn't he. Hard to find quality and utility like that very often. One thing we do when we install those is line the exterior body panel with sound deadening material... not so much for sound or thermal insulation but for protection of the metal should you drop a heavy object which could dimple the body. Known to happen from some folks who stored recovery gear there and dropped a screw-pin shackle leaving a nasty dimple-dent.

Since you have access, about 30cc of transmission fluid applied to the bottom of the tailgate helps to prevent rust. The scant amount of fluid seeps into the seam and deters rust formation, not uncommon among Land Cruisers in that area.

I also have another patch for you shipmate.

Thanks, Tango! I LOVE me some patches. I have some more goodies again for you and Dave, too. Kevin does do some top-notch work. I did the tranny fluid trick. Haven't gotten around to the dynamat yet, though. I keep soft light items in there for the time being.

P.S. I can easily fill up all of the space, but why bother.... thats why I got the hundy! Lol. BTW, should I bring the generator again this year?

Thanks, Tango! I LOVE me some patches. I have some more goodies again for you and Dave, too. Kevin does do some top-notch work. I did the tranny fluid trick. Haven't gotten around to the dynamat yet, though. I keep soft light items in there for the time being.

P.S. I can easily fill up all of the space, but why bother.... thats why I got the hundy! Lol. BTW, should I bring the generator again this year?

Yes, please bring the generator... since you have the hundy!

OBTW - Roseann has set aside a prime location for American Adventurist campers at the Overland Expo East. I identified you to her as our Camp Commandant and I have a banner for you that I'll pass on at the Rendezvous after the festivities. Also, we have rocks, you just need to get a working party together to paint them. Err. ;)

I've had an OverCamp for 17 years. The only downside is the horrible customer service from Auto Home USA.

:mad:
Opening time, nothing out of the ordinary. You're staying after ARV15 at Scott's property for awhile still?
Not sure that I'll be abl eto. I had to burn a lot of unexpected leave to go back to Yuma to fix up my hose the renters broke the lease a YEAR early and left the place a mess. It cost me a LOT of time and money... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom