Autohome Maggiolina Extreme RTT Review

I'm looking into options and the Maggie Extreme keeps rising to the top. Can you leave the yaks on top when camped or do you have to remove them to crank the tent up?

Gotta take 'em off for my set up as the front rack is on the truck not the tent shell.

Hi there,

first: sorry for my bad english, I come from Germany...

I'm interested in the Maggiolina Extreme, but it's very important for me, that it is possible to mount my racebike on top of the tent (front wheel dismounted).

Does anyone of you know, if this will be a problem?

Thanks!

Hi there,

first: sorry for my bad english, I come from Germany...

I'm interested in the Maggiolina Extreme, but it's very important for me, that it is possible to mount my racebike on top of the tent (front wheel dismounted).

Does anyone of you know, if this will be a problem?

Thanks!

I don't see where it would be a problem. Just utilize a Thule or Yakima crossbar and bike mount. I would remove the bike though before deploying the tent.

Loved the review! I keep coming back to the Maggiolina Extreme. I currently have a ARB Simpson III RTT on my XVenture XV2 trailer and I'm tired of the setup/takedown time and the flapping in the wind. What I do like is the added space I get with the annex. I've seen pictures of the Maggiolina Changing Room that acts as a RTT annex. Does anyone here have one? James Baroud has a similar product, but it looks like it would be time consuming to setup.

One more question - does anyone have the black shell? I was putting together a quote from Autohome and they warned me that they can get pretty toasty inside compared to the standard white top. I typically don't camp during the hottest months, and if I do, it's in the mountains where it's cooler. Also, I find that with a RTT the only time I'm up there is for sleeping. I spend most of my time around camp under my Foxwing awning, so maybe black will be okay. Also, I have a 12V box fan that I run for added ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom