August Monthly Trail Run - Saturday 08/27 Big Bear (MRV Run)

There is a very good chance we will take more than the original 10 since this is a pretty scenic and non technical trail so if you want to go still get signed up don't be discouraged by it currently saying wait list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumor has it that @suntinez will be leading us to a much nicer lunch spot than what I had in mind for us. Should be a great stop

Would also like to be added to the wait list. Bringing the dog too.
Added. Keep an eye out as we may just tell you all on the waiting list that to come along. Strong chance of that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully we'll have tags and a test tow for the YJ in the next day or two and have confirmation for our spots (myself and Chris). I usually run at the back of the pack, will help with any sweeper duties.

I am going to have to drop out.. Turns out my oldest kid has to take her soccer pictures on saturday morning, so I am leaving MRV saturday morning and coming back saturday mid - day, with the whole family in tow though, so it should be worth it. Someone can have my spot on the run.

The trail run was great, very scenic. Even after I lost the bottom shock bolt and we had to take the shock off, we still had a good time. I know some of you got some good photos of that, including all the "supervisors and inspectors" we had on the small job. Please post them up here as I was too busy pointing my finger and scratching my head to remember to take any photos of the minor trail repair. Here are a few of that we did take, however.

image.jpeg

Our lunch destination was Bluff Lake which is a beautiful lake high in the mountains that he an old town site where Model T's would stop on their way up to Big Bear (in reverse to keep their carbeuretors fed). We picniced at the table inside the old stone cabin.
image.jpeg

And took a walk around the lake.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Our run leader, @suntinez showed us her self titled "crazy rock" which begged for silly rock lifting shots.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We spotted a blue-tailed skink or two scurrying around the cabin sites.
image.jpeg

Then got back on the trail back to camp with fantastic views of San Gorgonio.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All in all, even returning with only three shocks still attached it was a great run. My 4Runner performed great with the the new lift, except for one bolt that need a little more than retorqueing. Even after it fell out, it still rode pretty good, just a little more bouncy, kind of like a Jeep!

What a great group on the trail, thanks for making everything easy :)

Thanks for providing the easiest kind of trail repair, with ample opportunity for armchair quarterbacking and a good reason to stop at a very scenic point. I had a blast.

Back
Top Bottom