August Monthly Trail Run - Saturday 08/27 Big Bear (MRV Run)

Brett C

Adventurist
Senior Staff
August Monthly AAV SoCal Trail Run in Conjunction with MRV 2016

Location: Mountain Rendezvous you must be signed up for MRV to be part of this trail run.
When: August 27th - Saturday
Duration: Day Run

Difficulty:1-3 (Scale of 1-10)
Organizer(s): Cris Mateski (BlkWgn), Brett C. (Ironworks Tactical)
Trail Leader(s): Cris Mateski (BlkWgn)

Meet Location and Time:MRV near front gate @ 0900, we will conduct a driver meeting at 0930 and then head out.

Route: We will be heading up Clarks Grade (1N54, TR:2-3) then across Skyline Drive (2N10, TR: 1-2) and back down Radford Truck Trail (2N06, TR: 1-2). This will be a scenic type trail run with picturesque views.

TR = Trail Rating

Hike and Lunch: Plan on eating lunch along the route and making the 1/2 mile hike to the Champion Lodge Pole

Rig Requirements:
4x4

Stock Height
Suggested vehicle mods (not required):
Sliders
Rear Locker
Front and rear recovery points

Communication: HAM TBD

Roster:

1. RoamingRobertson

2. Andy

3. Croe

4. Bob91YJ

5. Boby91YJ +1

6. Woodienut

7. JunglistFJ

8. Humberto

9. Itscheesey

10. Thatsalexus

Waiting List:

1. Brit55

2. Yumafolks

3. Gear

4. Jismay

What to Bring with you:

Good attitude and willingness to help out, I am out here to have fun and I don't do drama.
Bring food, drinks (no alcohol allowed until in camp or after the run)
Sunscreen, bug juice, personal toiletries (just in case)
Spare fluids and parts for your vehicle
Recovery gear if you have it

Feel Free to ask questions, I am sure I forgot something.

Last edited:
Count me in! I'll be checking out the new Icon suspension for the first time.

Man I love this run.. I don't know if my 4 year old will be able to deal with an entire day run in her carseat... But count me in as a tentative...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I hate to commit at this point because I'm not sure, but go ahead and put myself and Christopher Wright on the list. If the list fills and goes to a waiting list I'll commit one way or the other. (we're still working on getting one of the Jeeps marginally street legal).

I hate to commit at this point because I'm not sure, but go ahead and put myself and Christopher Wright on the list. If the list fills and goes to a waiting list I'll commit one way or the other. (we're still working on getting one of the Jeeps marginally street legal).
So 1 vehicle with 2 people or 2 vehicles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to join in the fun!
I like "Big Bears", just not in the driveway.
image.jpeg

Two vehicles for us.

91alive%20007_zpsvbjuvskm.jpg

Chris decided he had time to refurbish the roll cage. The YJ moved under it's own power for the first time in years. There is hope on the horizon that we're going to make it. Note the fancy mud-flaps...I got a fix-it ticket years ago...those were my "fix"!:cool:

Fallback plan is the power wheels in the back ground!

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything that indicated dogs on the trails mentioned would be a problem, so we're in barring any dog restrictions:dog

I couldn't find anything that indicated dogs on the trails mentioned would be a problem, so we're in barring any dog restrictions:dog
As long as they don't bite anyone I have to ride home with they are more than welcome

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Should be a fun run up Clark's grade. It's a fun maze down in the valley, but beautiful. Have fun!

As long as they don't bite anyone I have to ride home with they are more than welcome

Haha, I was more concerned with "no dogs" signs, which you don't usually run into in National Forests...

They're definitely not biters, but they may offer to help you out with your sandwich, does that count:D

Back
Top Bottom