ARB Compressor Mounting

Natchez

Adventurist
Where is everyone mounting their Compressors? I just picked up an ARB CKMTA12 and I'm not sure where the best place to mount it would be. Its going on a daily driven 2015 Silverado. I know the second battery tray would be the easiest but I want to go dual battery eventually.

Hi Natchez,

I recently mounted that compressor on an F350,
I contacted ARB and received two replies, both saying that it is OK to mount it under the truck either to the frame or a cross member.
The compressor is double o-ring sealed and water and splash proof. Just don't want to run it under water or while actively driving in a dusty place such as when activating lockers unless you relocate the air intakes.

I mounted mine to a cross member using a mounting plate I fabricated from 1/8" steel.

Great compressor by the way. Check out the new compressor shoot out on Expidition Portal.

Mike

I have mine mounted under the passenger seat in my FJ62. I kept it when I moved back from Dubai. It was mounted the same way when I lived there. I have the air fitting run to the seat bracket and the hose lives under the driver's seat. I can reach all four of my tires from there. Noise is not an issue because I am not inside the truck when I am filling tires, and it always seems to be me filling them.

My wife had hers on the rear fenderwell on her JK. It was a hardtop and the compressor lived a luxurious air conditioned life. Even mounted there we had to rebuild it after a couple years to get the flow rate back up.

I like mounting compressors inside where they are better protected from heat/dust/water. I know what ARB says it will endure, but that's no reason to clog up the filters if I don't have to. Likewise with the quick disconnect.

I like mounting compressors inside where they are better protected from heat/dust/water. I know what ARB says it will endure, but that's no reason to clog up the filters if I don't have to. Likewise with the quick disconnect.

This. Good ones are not cheap. Best to let them live inside ;)

There is a small fan on the ARB Dual that I would not want exposed to the kind of dirt/debris the underside of a vehicle is exposed to. While the compressors are relatively tough, those cheap chinese fans are anything but.

When I last went to Expo East the ARB guys had a compressor mounted under the rear seat in their F-250 crew cab.
He suggested that if you plan on running it for a while (like airing up tires) that you lift the seat to allow cool air to get to the compressor.

Back
Top Bottom