Anyone seen this: Firecord

Scott

Adventurist
So, this is 550 cord, known as paracord, with inner strands that are flammable so you can use the innards as tinder in an emergency. I don't really know how many people would use it, but it's something I'd rather have and not need, rather than not have and need. I have an issue with paeacord.. I have tons of colors, and use it for everything from tying down things, to laces for my hiking boots. Just thought it was interesting..

http://kitup.military.com/2014/12/live-fire-gear-combines-tinder.html

Interesting.

I prefer cannon fuse.
Like Burt Gummer.
250px-Burt_Gummer.jpg

Interesting. I wish I lived somewhere that you were allowed to have fires when you are backpacking. Still, I would do it in a survival situation. Could maybe replace one or two tent guy lines with this. I've always carried an egg crate packed with dryer lint and topped with wax, but never had occasion to use it.

I pack my egg crates with sawdust and wax. Then cut them apart and distribute them into back packs, my FJ, the camper, and anywhere else they
Might be handy. Gives me something to do when I'm home.

Meh, just cut a bit of one of your ranger bands off and use it. With the truck, If I somehow manage to use up everything else that's flammable I've always got a spare mountain bike tube stashed in one of the side pockets.

Back
Top Bottom