Al's New Toy- RZR800

Al Swope

Adventurist
Founding Member
I have been bumming rides in my buddies rhino for 5 years and I finally pulled the trigger. This is my 2014 RZR800 with power steering. This is the small one. I tried to buy the wide stance machine, but it would not fit in my enclosed trailer, so deal breaker. I have had it out several times, it is too much fun. Apples and oranges compared to my jeep. Both have a purpose but there is little crossover. I can putt around all day in the RZR, but I can let it rip too. This thing goes 60mph on rough roads! It gives me a little adrenaline fix that only rock crawling did in my jeep, plus I don’t have to work on it for 2 weeks after each hard run.

I bought a rear storage box, roof, scabbard for my grip shot gun and rear view mirror. I don’t have any other upgrades in mind yet.

I put it in my enclosed trailer, towed it to base camp, then slept in the trailer for 3 nights and road all day. A nearly perfect setup!

Attachments

• rzr front.jpg
    rzr front.jpg
    809.6 KB · Views: 117
  • rzr rear.jpg
    rzr rear.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 195
We're seeing a lot more of the side by sides on our property and less ATVs. I just might have to look into getting one, they seem like lots of fun.

How do those rzrs do in the rocks? I'm torn between getting a rock buggy and a rzr.

You so should have brought that to ARV
For sure next year! The trails in uwharrie look amazing. On the few I did in my jeep, I know the rzr would be great

How do those rzrs do in the rocks? I'm torn between getting a rock buggy and a rzr.
It does not have much flex. I still have the sway bars connected because I like to drive it fast. The small size lets me get around rocks pretty good

Got out today. Tried out the new front and rear windshields. Front is an EMP Glass. Rear is Polaris plexy. Temps were 28-32F. I did not get cold at all.

[video]http://vid1020.photobucket.com/albums/af322/BigBaxter/rzr20150315_141229_001.mp4[/video]

I have been prepping my machine for Uwharrie. I did new wheel bearings, oil change and a completely went over all nuts, etc. to make sure it's ready for Bigfoot Country. I usually just leave my spare tire back at the tow vehicle, but I thought since I don't know how far I'll get from the truck, I made up this tire carrier. It took a few hours but I am happy with the results.

I finally got to try my tubing notcher and hole saw combo. It is slick and makes perfect tight joints.

Main bracket

Support Arms

Wheel Bracket (check out those notches!)

Almost done

Bushed Dom with premade tabs

Done

Last edited:
I went into photobucket to try and get my pictures out so I could fix this thread, but I can only see thumbnails, and can't seem to be able to pull them out. If anyone has a suggestion, LMK.

On to to fun stuff.
I just got done trying out my new plow system, which is why the machine is so dirty. Why didn't I do this years ago??? It is a Warn 4000lb winch with synthetic rope and a Moose Plow system. I did my driveway, and our business parking lot and side walks. We had 5" of fluffy snow. It plowed with ease. I am very happy with this set up. No more wrestling the snow blower!

IMG_1204.JPG

Back
Top Bottom