Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba this summer planning? Suggestions, input?

4x4x4doors

Adventurist
Mrs and I are planning to make our way north this summer. Route is still pretty sketchy at this point.
Some basic parameters to work within.
1) We (she) don't camp. This one is non-negotiable. Our overnights are based in part on the availability of hotels, motels, etc. Doesn't have to be 5-star, locals, chains or Super 8/Comfort Inn range is acceptable.
2) We are attending a boat reunion in Rapid City SD the week of May 15 so our planning will start out from there. Looking to head towards home by mid-June.
3) Two of us, traveling in the Colorado with plenty of room.
4) Our interests lean towards historical. Will do some limited hiking (no 10 mile treks) of mild difficulty.

With the Reunion, we expect to do the Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, etc. area and have previously done Glacier and Yosemite.

Right now, we have Ft. McMurray and the Oil Sands Discovery Centre, Banff and Lake Louise on the list. Other ideas, comments are welcome as we work through our research.

Thoughts? Comments? Heckling?

Sounds like a great trip. The drive up to Fort Mac isn't very exciting but once you get there it's unreal. The size of everything is incredible. Lots of things to see in Alberta. Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, Drumheller, Franks Slide. The list can go on forever. I've only been a few places in Saskatchewan, one that was cool to see was in Moosejaw. The Al Capone tunnels under the town, very interesting tour. Cypress Hills borders southern Alberta and Saskatchewan and is very pretty too. I've lived in Alberta all my life and have worked north of Fort Mac 9 years now. Any questions, send them my way. I'll try and help.

Wayne

Sounds like a great trip. The drive up to Fort Mac isn't very exciting but once you get there it's unreal. The size of everything is incredible. Lots of things to see in Alberta. Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, Drumheller, Franks Slide. The list can go on forever. I've only been a few places in Saskatchewan, one that was cool to see was in Moosejaw. The Al Capone tunnels under the town, very interesting tour. Cypress Hills borders southern Alberta and Saskatchewan and is very pretty too. I've lived in Alberta all my life and have worked north of Fort Mac 9 years now. Any questions, send them my way. I'll try and help.

Wayne

Nice! Thanks for offering that advice and welcome to American Adventurist! Please stop by our new members thread and introduce yourself!

CC44E6C2-82D2-4F47-9962-E2747843E2FC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom