ALABAMA

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Crowd Sourced! Share information and ask specific questions about this state here.

This section is focused on documenting the following:
  • Adventure Opportunities & Destinations
  • Trails
  • Campsites
  • Watercraft Put-Ins/Take-Outs
  • Local Info, Highlights & Lore
  • Local Regulations & Local Insight

IMG_0276.JPG

Caney Creek 8-22-09 010.jpg
Look up Bankhead National Forest and you will find the Indians called it the Land of a thousand waterfalls. I serve as a volunteer Forest Ranger and leading hikes to the more remote waterfalls are part of what I do. We have photographed well over 300 water falls as they seem to be everywhere after a rain. Google Caney Creek falls that is a good one to start with or get a group of 4-8 people together and let me know if you want a free guide.

Talladega National skyway is a solid drive through scenic eastern Alabama

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Will be at Morris Mountain ORV Park in 2 weeks. Looking forward to visiting Bama again for something besides work.
Oh yea!!! I have a few friends that have been there, but haven’t been there personally yet. Heard good things though. Here’s one closer to me. I haven’t been in a few years & believe it’s changed ownership since last time i was there, but still a cool place I believe.
http://stonylonesomeohv.us/

Will be at Morris Mountain ORV Park in 2 weeks. Looking forward to visiting Bama again for something besides work.
Rains moved in that week and all the locals told me to go to Choccolocco Mountain instead. Good place to camp and ride.

E273143F-C5B8-4085-B654-40F44C64116E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom