Adventure Video

Hodge Williams

Adventurist
I'm new to blogging...I have a rich history in the Great Adventure...IndoChina 74/75...Offshore Well drilling in the Gulf of Mexico when younger (70's and 80's)...Oil Shale mining in Western Colorado...Contract Concrete Cutting in the worst of places...In '96 I survived brain surgeries. Was about a TBI in IndoChina 20 years earlier. This brain surgery knocked me down. Couldn't walk for years...I am a Complete and Totally Disabled American Veteran...I learned to live through the passion of Video Production...It's always an adventure...

Running a camera while the party is on, is work. Getting hours of capture you have to stay in the shot. To do a stellar job you have to shoot alot of tape. When you get home you have many hours of work. Cut and chop the capture. Look for shots telling the viewer where they are. After all, the story is about the viewer. Thats the rule.
Start with a music bed, 3 minutes is good. Review the tape and plug the clips in telling the story. End large...Is the last thing the viewer remembers...Remember if your good at this, your always invited to the next great adventure. I have produced turn-around in a day. I have also shot a fourteen tape weekend and made a worthy 30 minute adventure, taking 6 months. I produced and uploaded location commercial vids to Youtube from an Alaskan sourdough tent. Showed up in Anchorage without a ticket home and $200. Stayed 6 weeks getting rides with bush pilots. Pilots love their airplanes...Kept the tape and made the pilot a flight video in a day. It was a trade. I then did a commercial video for a luxury cabin rental in Moose Pass, Alaska. The owner paid my flight home to Colorado. Now that's adventure...

I'm new to blogging...Learning where all the buttons and wheels are but will be available to discuss Adventure Video...It's a burning passion...

Hodge Williams...
Disabled American Veteran
See youtube.com/user/HodgeWilliams for 50 original uploads...

[video=youtube_share;Oe0biZuX7I4]http://youtu.be/Oe0biZuX7I4[/video]

Back
Top Bottom