Adventure Therapy

Chris Wharton

Adventurist
It seems like a while ago now, but once upon a while ago I was in a war, in a far off place. Like many, that war left its mark on me. Once, when a handsome paycheck came in, I bought myself a brand new paraglider, harness, reserve, helmet and all the Gucci gadgets. Even inflated it in the desert to remind myself how awesome my next R & R was gonna be. It was indeed an awesome R & R. My name is Chris and I am addicted to adventure.
Even back then I knew my post war therapy of choice would be called Adventure Therapy, not opiates or sessions with shrinks. I came home, married my bride, went flying in my new home in Southern Cali, things were peachy. Then some kid ran a red, T-boned me at an intersection, rolled my Gen-II Tacoma and popped my shoulder and a chunk of shoulder related stuff out the socket. All good, no major injuries just and a total ban on flying from the Doc…for a year! The bottom fell out of my therapy program...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great read and introduction Chris! Glad you have found an outlet through adventures and through AAV. Keep up the adventuring, whatever form it takes!

This piece really resonates with me. Veterans have a different worldview than most people and it's important to me that this community is a welcoming place for them when they finally "come home". Good shit.

:salute

Nice write up Chris, we chewed the same dirt camping with you and the American Adventurist. Always good times and no hassles. Proud to be a member of the group. Hey how's that snake stick working out for you??

Thanks Dave and Crew. My first ever mini article ;-) Its a "buzz" and I am enjoying these new buzz experiences.

Snake pictures inbound buddy! When I get over my British fear of rattlers! Cannot wait to get confident enough to shoot them... on digital film only.

Peace n love folks.

Chris. Out.

I've had the pleasure of camping with Chris on several occasions. He's funnier than he thinks he is in all reality...just don't accuse him of being an Englishman!

I've had the pleasure of camping with Chris on several occasions. He's funnier than he thinks he is in all reality...just don't accuse him of being an Englishman!

Wait a minute... then why was the union jack and not the Welsh colors at DRV? ;)

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom