Adopt a Trail 1n05 Work Day - March 24 2018

BlkWgn

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
We will have an Adopt a Trail work day on Saturday, March 24, 2018.

The main goals for the day:

Checking culverts and clearing any debris

moving any rocks or downed trees from the trail

pick up trash

Check condition on short black diamond spur trail

This should not be a very hard day, but there will be some physical labor.

The plan is to meet at the turnout just east of the entrance to the Heart Bar Campground
From there we will move as a group down the trail. This is an out and back trail and we hopefully be back to the trailhead by about 3pm. I will be camping in the area if you want to stay the night.

Adopt a Trail Volunteer Agreement

Time: 9 am
Location 34.158915, -116.784922

The trail is still under fire closure and will hopefully be reopening this spring. We always need to be aware of our surroundings, but there is still a lot of fire-damaged trees in the area so we need to be extra cautious.

more details will be posted as we get closer.

Right now we are limiting this to 6 vehicles, though it may expand later.

1. @BlkWgn
  2. @Brett C
  3. @jismay
  4. @bob91yj @Garrett
  5. @richard310

Standby

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to bow out of this one. We just got back from the seeing the doc, Machelle is having surgery to take the plate/screws out of her collar bone next Wednesday, going camping on Saturday might be pushing the envelope a bit!

Let’s go SoCal folks - this is a great opportunity for us to do good things!

They’re pretty soft (even softer than me!) and extremely liberal. I try not to have them around friends.

We'll be staying overnight up at the lake. We want to go to one of the Big Bear Brewing places and we're going to go night skiing! We'll have a lazy Sunday and go hiking in the snow with the dogs before departing midday (probably after lunch) for home.

I plan to camp at a yet to e determined spot, I will figure out where on Sat based on weather

Back
Top Bottom